TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
tshawah

Default Prospective Buyer Checklist

So excited!!!! We are picking up our 2720sl from the dealer this Thursday. Have NEVER had a TM before or anything other than a tent. Any helpful advice as to a checklist for our walk around or questions to ask.
Thanks
Tom
Old 01-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Try this

http://trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2358

I couldn't get it to work, but I'm not on my usual computer. If you do a check for "checklist" you should come up with a bunch of them....

Good luck!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
RogerR

watch them put it up and down then do it yourself at least twice. Have them inspect it after its up and then down for the haul out. Drive it a short distance and return to the dealer if you have any problems or questions.

If its a long drive go to a local campground and stay over night. Try everything just to feel comfortable that they work and you know everything down pat. Go back to the dealer if you have any problems.

Happy camping!!!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Tom -

There is no real checklist for things to ask a seller before buying. A few of our members started to put one together, but the info is so scattered that it is hard to pull together. The checklist that B&D linked to is Ed Felker's famous checklist, the granddaddy of all lists here on the forum. As I recall, it is a getting-ready-to-go-camping checklist, but it will contain a lot of good info for before-buying, as well.

There were a couple discussions about building the checklist you seek. Check out

http://trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8893
and
http://trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8878

Hope this helps.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
tshawah

Thumbs up

Thank you all for the wonderful information about buying a used trailmanor. We asked all our questions and you would have never known we were first time buyers.
As we did our walk through and walk around we realized that our trailmanor has a satellite dish. How actually do we go about getting the proper box to make it work? Also, when my wife and I were closing up the front part of the trailmanor we heard squeaking sounds. Is that normal?
Thanks again for all your help!
Tom
Old 01-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

You have a 2720SL? At what point in the close-up process do you hear the squeak? As you close the front shell? As you push the slider in?

I can't think of anything that would squeak, but I suppose that on a new unit, it might simply be the sliding seals (called bag seals) sliding across the squeaky-clean aluminum exterior panels.

Just for my own education, is the satellite dish in place of the batwing antenna, or in addition to it?

Bill
Old 01-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
tshawah

Our unit is a 2007 / 2720SL. We do not have a batwing antennae just the satellite dish on top and the control inside. The squeaking happened when we were pushing the front shell in and it wasn't that easy. However we only did it once. When we go back to the dealer we will set it up and take it down 2 more times. I'm just hoping the squeaking is not any indication of a problem.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Probably not a problem, but should be looked into.

After you have closed and latched the rear shell, peek over the slider and into the TM. Make sure that nothing is higher than the tops of the lower walls - such as the back of the chair, or something stacked up on the couch. Also, make sure that the chair, which is now backed onto the slider, is at least 6 inches away from the door-side wall. Just to the right of the door as you step in, and down on the floor, is a wooden triangle that connects the floor to the wall. This triangle can't move, and if the chair is up against the sidewall, it will push against the triangle as the closing sequence progresses.

Keep us posted ...

Bill