TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-26-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
DNLparadise

Default Drycleaning upholstery on Beds

Has anyone ever taken off the covers on the beds and had them drycleaned?
Did you ever have any problems?
Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
S_&_L_Family_Camping
Site Sponsor

Default Upholstery

We recently took our bed covers off and washed them We let them air dry and put them back on the next day. The hardest part was putting them back on - make sure the far corners of the bed matress fit into the corner of the bed cover. Good luck,

S & L
S_&_L_Family_Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
4Kids2Dogs

When we steam cleaned the carpets, we used the upholstery tool and cleaned the beds...It worked fine and they dried very quickly!
1995 Ford F-150 w/Prodigy BC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4Kids2Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

There is no need to Dry Clean the upholstery in the TM it is easily cleaned with Hot Water Extraction.

1. remember the TM is a small area so consider using hypoallergenic products to clean to prevent allergy issues.
2. If you use a home machine make sure you rinse well with water only since most products used with hom units leave significant residues.
3. Never wash any part of upholstery in washing machine unless you don't care about color match since a washing machine will cause unnecessary color fade & some wear on fabric.
4.Dry Cleaning solvents don't just go away so I would never suggest sleeping on them this is just my opinion though.

We use this after every trip & we also protect all upholstery & curtains.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
Nature Recorder

I use a home machine with just hot water first. This tends to take care of 90% of dirt and grime that is collected over time. I save cleaners for those stubborn stains and then triple rinse the area to remove as much of the cleaner as possible.
Another side effect of the residues is they become attractants for future dirt and your upholstery will need cleaning more often.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Recorder View Post
I use a home machine with just hot water first. This tends to take care of 90% of dirt and grime that is collected over time. I save cleaners for those stubborn stains and then triple rinse the area to remove as much of the cleaner as possible.
Another side effect of the residues is they become attractants for future dirt and your upholstery will need cleaning more often.
That is good advice for a home machine. Home machines have a tendency to over wet so also be sure you do at min two dry passes for every wet pass. It is very bad for upholstery to be overwet due to drying problems with the different layers involved.

Also if you do use any home products use as little as possible because there are still allot of them with Optical Brighteners which can yellow fabrics over time with UV exposure. We usually tell our clients to just use hot water with home machines along with our spotter we give them.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #7
4Kids2Dogs

Good advice! Thanks for the useful information. I will make sure that we use hot water only on the upholstery, and spot with cleaner only as needed. We do make several passes with the vacuum after applying the solution to get it as dry as possible. Regarding using hot water only, is this also applicable to the carpets or just upholstery? My dad ran a cleaning company for many years and used a special solution for his carpet cleaners, one that he used very little of, and that made no suds, so your advice makes sense. Hmmm, I wonder if I could still get his stuff...Sure wish I had access to such a super cleaner as you do, Billy!!
1995 Ford F-150 w/Prodigy BC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4Kids2Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote