TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Default The Oxygenics Body Spa RV Showerhead

Has anyone purchased the "Oxygenics Body Spa RV Showerhead", as seen here?
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...6/skunum=28026

If so, how do you like it? Is the flow rate more or less compared to the head that came with your TM?

Many thanks,
Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Default some have tried it as reported in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post

If so, how do you like it? Is the flow rate more or less compared to the head that came with your TM?

Many thanks,
Dave
http://trailmanorowners.com/forum/sh...ight=oxygenics
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #3
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Alas, I thought I remembered someone mentioning something about it recently, and I saw the thread you pasted, Tim, but I hadn't clicked on it because the subject line didn't jive. Anyway, thanks for pointing it out.

Dave
Old 01-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #4
BrigCA61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post

Many thanks,
Dave
Yep, I was about to point you to my posting, but someone else already beat me to it. You will love it... installs quickly and the water pressure from the showerhead is great! You'll wonder what took you so long to get it!

Now I just have to devise a better way to hang my showerhead. The velcro job that worked for the old showerhead worked fine for awhile but the weight of the new showerhead has became too much for the velcro.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #5
viking

Will the Oxygenics shower head fit in the the upper shower head holder that comes standard on the newer Trailmanors. The holder I am talking about is the one that is located in the upper corner where the shower wall meets the exterior wall of the camper.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
BrigCA61

I don't know if it will fit the newer showerhead holder you mentioned. We have a '05 model. I purchased a showerhead holder seperately from CampingWorld which fit the old showerhead, and it fits the new one also. I see that the new one is chrome... I'm guessing it would fit, but not sure on that.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:28 AM   #7
saltamonte

Default Oxygenic Shower Head Comments

I just bought one at camping world yesterday and installed it in my 2007 2720SL in a couple of minutes.

The shower head is great and provides a much better water flow than the one that came with my unit. However it will not fit in the shower head holder that came with the unit. Camping World sells a Oxygenics shower head holder that is specifically made for it, but for me it will have to be an online order as the store near me doesn't stock it.

The two reviews regarding the holder are mixed. One person likes it very much, but another says its poorly made and wouldn't recommend it. I'm going to take my chances and get it anyway. CW always gives you a 30 day return on purchases.

I have a question. Does anyone know about the outside shower water source? I have city water hooked up to my unit, but the outside shower doesn't work. I do not have any water in my 20 gallon clean water tank for boondocking. I suspect that the outside shower is supplied from this tank only, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I suppose filling the clean water tank is no big deal if that's the only way the outside shower will work.

Dan

2007 2720 SL
Duel 6V Batteries
Electric Stabilizers
Prodigy Brake Controller
Swing Tongue
2002 4Runner 4x4 Ltd.
Supercharged
TJM Bull Bar w/
9000 lb Warn Winch

“I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.

I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.”

_ Jack London
Old 03-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #8
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltamonte View Post
I have a question. Does anyone know about the outside shower water source? I have city water hooked up to my unit, but the outside shower doesn't work. I do not have any water in my 20 gallon clean water tank for boondocking. I suspect that the outside shower is supplied from this tank only, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Dan, at least on my 2003, the city water supply and fresh water holding tank uses the same common lines, once the 2 supplies are tied together near the water pump and tank. There must be another reason that your shower doesn't work. I would remove the shower head 1st, and see if you can get anything out of just the hose......if you can, then the shower head is clogged or blocked off.

Chap
Old 03-02-2008, 08:46 PM   #9
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

We just used the Oxygenics shower head this weekend for the first time, and it is definitely better than the OEM one. Seemingly more pressure, and only a fairly minimal increase in water use. I actually timed how long it would take each shower head to fill up a 6-gallon bucket using the fresh water tank....I cannot remember the time exactly (I think it was about 5-6 minutes), but in the time the Oxygenics filled up the bucket, the OEM bucket only filled about 5.5 gallons.

Dave
Old 03-05-2008, 05:58 AM   #10
wmtire

After reading the comments/recommendations about this showerhead from Brigitte, Troy, Dave, Tim, and Dan....I bought one from my local Trailmanor dealer yesterday for $50. I'll hook it up this weekend and let everyone know, but I expect to be another happy camper (no pun intended).