TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Thumbs up Humor Category

Chris,
Would it be possible to set up a category for HUMOR under General Discussion, so that those who want to read and post HUMOR can do so and find it easily?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #2
Bill & Lisa

Chris,
While I agree there is a place/need for this sort of "area" please post some rules if you do establish one. What some people believe is "in good taste" I have found myself embarrased to read. Something along the lines of "if you wouldn't want your 10 year old daughter to read it.....don't post it!)

Thanks,
Bill
Old 01-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I don't think a "Humor" area is going to happen, partly for the reasons stated. Not to mention that it is hard on the moderators (oh poor me!) to keep up with the content. In addition, it's not particularly relevant to TrailManors, where we focus our attention. So, no. Many discussion boards encourage them as a way to lure more participants. But for us, no. There are plenty of humor sites.

If you would like to see one, feel free to email Chris directly - there is no problem with that.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper View Post
Please, let's just stick to Trailmanor topics. If you want humor, whether it be clean or otherwise, then take it somewhere else...
I made the suggestion after reading several "jokes" posted on this site under a category that didn't relate to "humor." My intention was to suggest a category, rather than mixing that topic into other subject headings and threads.

If you aren't interested in "inviting humor" for all the good reasons posted above, than perhaps the "Rules" should state "NO HUMOR" so that no one is offended.

JMHO.