TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-28-2007, 07:46 AM   #21
mtnguy

Looks like TM, or the dealers, would learn to balance the tires before delivery. If that is the problem with some of the issues (and I believe they very well could be), then the couple of dollars in initial cost would be well worth it to them in the long run.

The tires were not balanced when I bought my used TM, and they took a lot of weight to get them balanced. I imagine they had a pretty good bounce going down the road before.

Chap
Old 11-17-2007, 08:26 PM   #22
mike-rm-cd

Did you purchase the 3023 TM new?
Old 11-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #23
Goodyear Travels

My wife and I have made approx. 8 trips in our '07 2720sl in just over a one year period. We have met and visited with many RVer's at public and private campgrounds. Here's an observation about the "kind of the people" who seem to enjoy and get the most from their RV experience: they tend to be folks who take pride in being able to deal with unexpected challenges, finding ways to adapt and resolve issues with their own minds and hands. I had the expectation that our new "07 2720sl should be without flaw "from the dealer's door" and "many miles down the road". I made myself suffer big time by holding this expectation. Our dealer is 200 miles away so I decided to tackle nearly every repair with the help of posts from this forum. After a while --- I even stopped growling when things needed attention. I would write them down on our Wish List and face them after doing research and collecting myself. And you know what --- I've done things right and I've learned to take pride in my handywork. Monies spent will never buy complete freedom from RV challenges. I know some will not agree but I believe that our attitudes shape and define our RV experience. Nothing can ruin a trip more effectively than my attitude --- just ask my wife. Change what you can -- let go of the rest. Remember that in the RV world (like Life) -- expectations will make you suffer. We're all getting the lessons that we need for our growth --- whether we like it or not. I wish you well. Eric
Old 11-18-2007, 01:53 PM   #24
Freedom

Very well stated, Eric! I agree totally with the ideas you mentioned - now if everybody in this country would adhere to that we'd have a lot better country. Instead it seems that there are too many people trying to blame things on other people and not accepting responsibility themselves. I'm not saying we should accept others shoddy workmanship, just that we can accept some things that come our way and "grab the bull by the horns" and deal with them. Life is like that - is it fair? No, but who ever said life was fair - who ever expected life to be fair. I just thank God every day that I'm a citizen of the best country that has ever existed - yes there's flaws, but still the best. Attitude is the most important. Our attitude can affect our entire life for good or bad - depending on how we take challenges that may come our way. Wow, I'll get off the soapbox now!
Old 03-22-2008, 09:47 PM   #25
mike-rm-cd

Freedom: well stated, ably said.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #26
mrosspa

I've read about the problems with this trailmanor with mixed emotions. From what I'm understanding, this unit had problems from near the beginning, and more occur.

If I spent $28,000 on a new trailer, my expectations would be very high, and I could easily see myself soured by each ensuing problem. Consistently, I see people on these pages talking about how they like their trailers. Interestingly, even the people that like their trailers describe problems that arose from poor quality control from the manufacturer.

It seems that the owners with problems are willing to accept the problems, figure out how to work around the problem and go forward. I bought a used trailer and expect problems to some extent, and look forward to figuring out how to repair most or all the problems I'll encounter. Also I look forward to learning about how to avoid possible problems such as those possibly caused by out of balance tires.

While some of you may disagree with me, I'm seeing this as a matter of perspective. Some don't seem upset with poor construction issues. Some are upset.

If I paid full price for a new trailer, and had significant problems in the first year or two, you can bet I'd be hopping mad!

Now it's time to take the wheels down and balance them before our first overnighter.

Michael
Old 03-25-2008, 02:11 AM   #27
larsdennert

Contrary to most trailer manufacturers, my understanding is that TM is now balancing their wheels. As far as blowouts, I believe that the margin is tight but I think that there are several factors that play into it. Age of tire, inflation, load, speed, luck...

Other than that, loose screws are my only complaint. Luckily I own a screw driver and know how to use it.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #28
Larry_Loo

Question Trolling for something other than fish?

I did not notice this thread last Fall but its revival gave me another chance to read it. I found it intriguing not only because of the large number of things claimed to have gone wrong with a single TM trailer but also because of the unusually large requests for compensation.

The writer stated that he purhased the 3023 in Sept. '05, took 3 short fall trips with it and then stored it for the winter. Sometime in the spring or early summer during 2 additional trips with it the problems began. Some of the problems he mentioned seemed to me to be minor ones that many of us have experienced. He used the TM two more times in 2007 but mentions having taking a total of 11 trips in it - from Sept. '05 through Oct. '07, when he initiated this thread. Although it spent a lot of time in the dealers' shops, it is now a 3 year old model.

In the first posting he stated "We spent approximately $28,500 on our TM, and we will be paying on the loan for many years yet." His lemon lawsuit, however, gives Trailmanor three options for making good on his defective trailer: "We offered that we would keep the unit for trade in as long as they settled at $20,500, or we would turn it in for a settlement of $28,500, and lastly we would settle for a 2008, 3023 with the same option as what we had." In spite of the fact that he seems to have paid off only a small part of the initial loan on the trailer (". . . we will be paying on the loan for many years yet."), he wanted reimbursement of the full purchase price in one form or another. A more reasonable request might have been replacement of his defective trailer with another 2005 model certified to be in good condition plus all out-of-pocket expenses for repairs. He did use it on 11 camping trips for part of 2 years. He's frustrated by the length of repair shop time his TM has accumulated. Yet, one option he gives Trailmanor is to reimburse him with a brand new 2008 model. I wonder why a customer who has experienced so many breakdowns in one brand of a trailer would want to continue using another one of the same brand?
Old 03-26-2008, 08:01 AM   #29
Shandysplace

Default Could Have Happened To Us, But...

When this thread first posted, our new '08 3326 had not been delivered, and since we had no prior RV experience of any kind, caused us some significant concern.

As a result primarily of this thread, we had all 5 wheels balanced prior to delivery (took several large weights) and further spent an entire day on delivery just checking things extra carefully with our dealer.

We ordered our trailer on 9/23/07. In the first week of October we were told our trailer had arrived at the dealer so badly damaged that they could not deliver it and returned it to the factory. We took delivery of another one on 12/3/07 and have been enjoying it ever since. Most issues we had were minor and the result mostly of our inexperience.

So while we're saddened by the writer's experience, at the same time his thread essentially may have prevented a similar experience from happening to us. This forum also is responsible for connecting us w/Ed Lytle at the factory. And while our dealer had been with TM less than a year with a sales dept weak on TM knowledge, the service department was top drawer in knowledge of the product and customer service. An excellent dealer and quality factory support made all the difference for us.