TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-15-2002, 07:18 AM   #1
KB7OUR

Default How do you remove speaker covers?

Seems like it should be simple, but I cannot figure out how to get the round black speaker cover off to fix a loose connection  :-/. Tried to pry, pull, & turn without success. Don't want to break anything. Anyone have the magic word?

Wade
Old 11-15-2002, 08:46 AM   #2
Happytrails

Default Re: How do you remove speaker covers?

Typically, tho my tm didn't come with a stereo, most speaker covers have 4 screws holding them down from the back, picture a square plastic "holder" and a screw with a square head that slips into the holder, then the screws are screwed down onto the back of the actual speaker. Hope this helps!

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.......[/glow]
Old 11-15-2002, 09:27 AM   #3
2619PDX

Can I ask a du,b question. I don't have a radio either in my 2619, yet have the speakers, and an antenna...

WHY?   :-/ Can't for the life of me see where to install a radio that would logically hook into the antenna and speakers...

Can anybody shed light on that one ???

thanks!
Old 11-15-2002, 09:55 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

2619PDX -

Do you have a rectangular cutout, with a cover, in the front of the cabinet just above the refrigerator?  If so, pop off the cover, and you will find all the wires right behind it. There was a thread several months ago about installing a radio/CD. A search should bring it up.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 10:01 AM   #5
2619PDX

Bill:
Thanks. My cut out is near the floor below the refrig. I'll check for the wires there.

My next thought is why would you want to install a radio when a portable would do... But that's just me.

thanks, again!

Gregg
Old 11-15-2002, 11:03 PM   #6
KB7OUR

"My next thought is why would you want to install a radio when a portable would do..."

It's nice not to have to carry around a portable radio when you can easily mount one in the TM slot made for it. One less thing to remember to bring, not to mention the batteries you need for a portable. Besides, I'm installing a 5000 watt, 5 channel DVD "TM Theater" in ours and the player fits perfectly into the slot! :P. This won't leave much power for the Ham radio station or observatory so it's a bit of a compromise for us ;D.

Wade
Old 11-15-2002, 11:31 PM   #7

Hey Wade,
Don't forget you will have to power your FAA clearance light for the Ham antenna!

Aaron ;D
Old 11-16-2002, 03:29 AM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Bill:
Thanks. My cut out is near the floor below the refrig. I'll check for the wires there.
Gregg
Gregg -

Near the floor??? That's not it. Try this. Go to the TM website at http://www.trailmanor.com/slate.htm. You will be looking at a nice big picture of the refrigerator and the countertop above it (nice color, BTW!) Look at the wood panel just above the refrig controls, and below the countertop.  Centered in that panel, you can just make out a slightly darker rectangle in the wood-grained cabinet front. This rectangle is the plug for the radio-mounting hole. Carefully slip the blade of a table knife behind this plug - it pops out. Peek inside - you will find a fistful of wires. The hole is just the right size for an automotive AM/FM/CD player. The wires are the power, antenna, and speaker connections.

Hope this helps

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 08:19 PM   #9
KB7OUR

Still no luck on removing the speaker covers. From the back side all I can see are the pointed end of wood screws so there must be a way to remover the covers from the front, but they won't budge and I don't want to crack the wood paneling mount. I guess I'll need to call the factory today.

Wade
Old 11-18-2002, 03:09 AM   #10
2619PDX

Bill:
Looked at it this weekend. You're correct! I always wondered what that space was for. My plug keeps falling out. If you move the insulation aside, lo and behold, there are the wires .

Thanks! My bad on the initial location check by the way. I was going by what I thought was memory.

thanks again!