TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2007, 01:15 AM   #1
DiamondBelle

Default Insurance coverage for the TrailManor??

I just bought the TM I've been talking about and went on my first camping trip in it, it was GREAT!! I loved it....but b4 we left we call my insurance company to ask about insurance on the TM and they said they didn't cover TTs and we called a few others as well and they didn't cover either. Well my question is does anyone know of a popular insurance company that insures the TM?? ( An insurance company that I've probably seen on tv ) Thank you!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:23 AM   #2
evans27292

Smile insurance

contact progressive,i have my 07 3326ks with them.a good company. be sure you tell the agent its a folding camper and not a full height travel trailer , it makes a differance in price. we have a $50.00 ded. roadside assit. $38,000 coverage,1st 5 years full replacement,$1000 fire dept. coverage,$1500 personal effects for a yearly price $317.00
Old 04-26-2007, 05:42 AM   #3
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

We use Foremost. They seem fine but I've never had to file a claim (fortunately!)
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:52 AM   #4
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondBelle View Post
Well my question is does anyone know of a popular insurance company that insures the TM?? ( An insurance company that I've probably seen on tv ) Thank you!
Seems odd that your current automobile insurer is not interested in writing an additional policy for the Trailmanor. We have State Farm, and all it took was a phone call to the local agent to get it insured.
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:00 AM   #5
smookie

Default insurance

We have had State Farm for years. When we hit a bump in the mouth of a driveway and cracked our sewer tank on our 1988 Model 20 TM, State Farm reimbursed us for the repair once the deductible was met. That was because it was considered to be accidental damage. All those premiums paid off for us since it cost $800 for a new sewer tank back then in 1998. smookie
Old 04-26-2007, 06:49 AM   #6
Bob&Karen

We have State Farm, and have had for years. Our home, 2 vehicles, and every camper we've ever owned have been insured with them.

Regards,

Bob
Old 04-26-2007, 07:43 AM   #7
John Kelly

Default Insurance

Try USAA 1-800-531-6095 or USAA.com. Have good rates for trailer with $1000 deductable.

John & Marion
Old 04-26-2007, 09:17 AM   #8
CMarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans27292 View Post
contact progressive,i have my 07 3326ks with them.a good company. be sure you tell the agent its a folding camper and not a full height travel trailer , it makes a differance in price.
I gave progressive my make and model and told them it was a pop up folding camper and they said "No, we show it as a conventional travel trailer" there wont be any reduction in rates.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:05 PM   #9
camp2canoe

We, too, are insured with State Farm for our TM. Just a note to advise, if you aren't aware of this, but there may be advantages to having all your insurance with one carrier. We insure a house, two motorcycles, a sailboat, a truck, a car and our TM. We receive premium reductions for Multiple Line and Multicar. Those discounts are reasonably significant. We also have an umbrella policy with State Farm which, as long as we maintain the required liability coverages (e.g. $100,000/300,000 on the vehicles), covers us up to $1,000,000. We pretty well paid for that policy by dropping my car insurance from the $500,000 single limit I used to carry down to the required $100,000/300,000. The umbrella includes underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage up to that $1,000,000 limit - that is coverage that protects you in the event that you are hit by someone who has no insurance or minimal insurance while you are enroute to a TM Rally. It may be worth your while to examine your coverage and rates with agents for a couple of reputable insurance carriers. You might also check to see if your state has an insurance department website that lists complaint frequency for any carrier you may be considering. - Camp2Canoe

P.S. I am a lawyer, not an insurance salesman!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:18 PM   #10
PopBeavers

I not only have State Farm, I have had the same agent since December 1980.

We carry 4 cars, the house, the TM and some life insurance. We get the usual discounts.

A couple of years ago DD cut the apron strings and became truly independent, meaning she has her own insurance policy, completely independent of us. She was delighted to see that she inherited our no claims discount. No other company was willing to offer her that as the starting point (big surprise).

So my daughter has received a discount for us staying with State Farm for all those years (more than 5 is the criteria I think) and having very nominal claims filed.