TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2006, 02:37 PM   #1
J$Rist

Question Matress (how thick?)

I am looking to buy a used 2720 or 2619. I have found a 10" foam mattress at Sams club. Will a matress this thick fit and still be able to close the top?
Old 11-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #2
masterge

I would look at Camping World for an actual thinner RV mattress. I'm thinking a 10" might be a little too thick.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #3
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J$Rist View Post
I am looking to buy a used 2720 or 2619. I have found a 10" foam mattress at Sams club. Will a matress this thick fit and still be able to close the top?
No, I don't think you'd be able to close the shell. Assuming you removed the factory supplied mattress which is probably 4 inches thick, and replaced it with the 10 inch model you'd still have an extra 6 inches or so. We have a 2619 and tried using a 2 inch "eggcrate" foam pad, and had trouble locking down the shell, until we removed the pad. But, I have heard others on this forum say they use foam pads with no problem. It no doubt has to do with how tight the exterior locking devices are, and how soft the foam is. Sounds like it would be comfortable allright, but in my opinion, the proposed matress would be too tall (and matresses may not be returnable ???)
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote