TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-02-2001, 05:39 AM   #1

Default what wires go to what?

??? want to install my new am/fm/cd/weather band radio(radio shack). what is the correct wire connection? my 2720 has a blue and white wire, a black plug type wire and speaker wires. i understand the speaker wire part but what color wires tie into the radio wires?

i know some of you have done this already. appreciate your help.
Old 10-02-2001, 05:14 PM   #2

Default Re: what wires go to what?

Hi Paul

I believe you will find that the white wire is the ground, and the blue wire is the 12V power supply. I suggest you check it first tho, just in case. If the black plug-in you are talking about is about as big around as ink pen, that would be your antenna plug in. When you wire it up, I also suggest you pull the radio fuse from you fuse panel til you are finished.

When I installed my radio, it had two power leads, one for the radio's memory, and the other one to power the radio itself. I just tied the two together to the one power lead. If you do, just be sure to shut the radio off before folding up your trailer.

Good Luck

Mack
Old 10-03-2001, 09:05 AM   #3

8) thanks, mack.
Old 10-06-2001, 09:37 AM   #4
Sinclue
Site Sponsor

I've seen this Radioshack radio mentioned several times on this group, but no model number. I can't find it in the catalog or online at their website. And asking an actual employee at a radio shack is a fool's errand since they never seem to know where the cash register is even. Sounds like an ideal setup if the unit is still available.
Thanks,
Sinclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 07:13 AM   #5

I just got a radio as well. I figured out the speaker wires but I couldn't find any documentation on the white and blue. Was the white really a ground wire? If so where are the negative wires? I am so confused I am used to A/C power, which has positive/negative, does a radio not have that? Also if I am plugged in to power will my radio still work? In a car it works off of battery only, is that what the 12v converter simulates? Any help would be greatly appreciative.
Old 10-07-2001, 11:10 AM   #6

just got back this evening from destin florida...annual seafood festival. now, for the raido update. radio shack has discontinued that model. in fact the one i purchased was a close out model and the ##***didn't work anyway. so i never got a chance to determine what wires connected to what.still looking for a sound system to go with my condo on wheels.
Old 10-07-2001, 11:27 AM   #7

for future reference, the blue wire is the 12v, the white is the ground. the wire with the plug goes to the antenna. The speaker wires are pretty self explanatory. I hooked mine up this afternoon. I didn't get the radio shack radio, I got a Sony with a CD player.
Old 10-07-2001, 11:28 AM   #8

The sony with the CD player is at WalMart and was 139$.
Old 10-08-2001, 04:49 AM   #9
arknoah

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask for awhile. How did you get the cover for the prepped hole for the stereo off of the hole? I was just playing with it awhile ago and Ellen asked me to stop before I broke something. I had assumed that the cover was just cosmetic and was attached with only a light adhesive, but sensed as I played with it that it was atached very firmly.

Any ideas? I was trying to remove it to measure the opening so I could buy a stereo for the space. Even though I am not your real handyman RV owner, I think I can attached two or three wires, so long as I don't break something else in the process.

F. J. & Ellen
Old 10-08-2001, 05:30 AM   #10
Sinclue
Site Sponsor

FJ & Ellen,

Mine was just attached with a light rubber glue. I just used a flat blade (like a knife) and worked it around the edge until I could lift it enough to pull it off. Still haven't found the "ideal" unit to put in there. I'm using an old radio/cassette from one of our cars in the meantime. But I like the idea of the Radio Shack unit mentioned on this forum (now discontinued I understand) with the WeatherBand. I'm trying to find something like that.
Jim
Sinclue is offline   Reply With Quote