TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-25-2006, 08:07 AM   #1
Tonopah

Default Water Filter

When connected to city water, it is a good idea to use one one of the many available external in line water filter canisters I see at Camping World and elsewhere?
What about ones that intall under the sink with disposable filters? Do those filter both externally supplied city water and the water carried in the fresh water tank (when dry camping)?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:26 AM   #2
utahsue

I bought an inline filter from Camping World and it lasted a month before the flow came to a standstill. So I guess that means the filter was lousy or the water was really bad. Maybe other people had better luck.

An inside filter would work with city water connection, but not when using your tank and water pump because those filters require a lot of water pressure that you don't have when boondocking. If you use an indoor one, make sure that you can bypass it when you don't have city water.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
Doug W.

You definately want to use a filter. I use it when I fill the water tank also. I have run into problems in the past at campgrounds. It is also important that you use a pressure regulator. We went to a State Park when I was young and dad forgot the pressure regulator. He decided to give it a try. We spent the rest of the weekend back at home taking things a part and fixing the leaks.