TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
redapache

Default New Forums?

How to and Modifications
Please use the new sections to post your how to and mod information. This forum will not be accepting new posts, and all existing posts will be moved to the new forums!

Where are these new forums, I've been all over this site and I can't find what this is talking about?

Jack
Old 06-30-2005, 06:06 PM   #2
Larry_Loo

Redapache, since no one else has replied to your question, I'll explain what this means. "How to and Modifications" used to be a catch-all category when the TM Forum was located on the previous server - i.e., tips and mods about any part or aspect of a TrailManor trailer. When Chris Tretta moved the Forum to this server and redesigned its format, he broke down the discussion categories into more specific ones like "exterior," "interior," "tires," etc. When you start a new thread about a tip or modification, therefore, he wants you to post it in the specific category into which your subject matter fits. The "new forums" are the specific categories that you now see here. I hope that this is clear.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:30 PM   #3
redapache

Default RE: New Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_Loo
Redapache, since no one else has replied to your question, I'll explain what this means. "How to and Modifications" used to be a catch-all category when the TM Forum was located on the previous server - i.e., tips and mods about any part or aspect of a TrailManor trailer. When Chris Tretta moved the Forum to this server and redesigned its format, he broke down the discussion categories into more specific ones like "exterior," "interior," "tires," etc. When you start a new thread about a tip or modification, therefore, he wants you to post it in the specific category into which your subject matter fits. The "new forums" are the specific categories that you now see here. I hope that this is clear.
Larry

Thanks, if you don't have a reference as to what happened before then the statement is confusing and basically meaningless? I searched all over the site for the "NEW FORUMS". Finally gave up. I think it would be less confusing if he just removed that category. Then the choices become evident? At least they would to me!

Jack Hall
Old 07-10-2005, 10:34 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

When Chris got new software for the board (about a year ago?) about 5 people became moderators and spent a lot of their (read: personal/unpaid) time moving old posts around into new categories (i.e., Frame, Plumbing, Electrical, etc.) from the old "catch-all" category of "How to and Modifications". What we're trying to do is to put the posts about specific "parts" of the TM's into more definable sections. The posts are growing, and unless things get categorized into more specific places, it's too hard to find things (sometimes I still can't find things, because I can't remember the exact words that people used to describe them).

Apparently, the board is still allowing people to post on the "How to and Modifications" area, perhaps because those posts can't be readily categorized into one of the other areas. (Moderators, please correct me if I'm wrong about this.)

So, if you have a topic to post, you're supposed to put it into one of the categories that are "accepting" new posts vs. the "How To and Modifications" area.

Maybe we should rename the "How To and Modifications" area into "Other TM Info That Doesn't Fit Into a Specific Category", or something like that?

Old 07-11-2005, 10:04 PM   #5
redapache

Default Remove "How to and modifications"

Maybe I'm dense, but it was not immediately apparent to me that the statement in the "How to and modifications" was referring to the categories
immediately above the "How to and modifications" (does that make sense??)

Jack