TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-02-2004, 04:28 PM   #1
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Unhappy Front Seal

When we picked up the new 2027LS the front seal had a rip in it. The dealer had already orded a new one. They sent it to me and I installed it. After one day of travel the new seal developed 2 rub holes about 10" from each corner. Same place as the rip. I contacted the dealer, and sent photos, but have not heard back yet. Anyone have an idea what the problem is?
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:22 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

When the TM is closed and ready for travel, what does this part of the seal come in contact with? The first picture looks like a real rip, not just a rub. Is there something rough on the lower shell at the point where this seal is in contact with it?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:15 PM   #3
wesslvm
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWORRYDOG
When we picked up the new 2027LS the front seal had a rip in it. The dealer had already orded a new one. They sent it to me and I installed it. After one day of travel the new seal developed 2 rub holes about 10" from each corner. Same place as the rip. I contacted the dealer, and sent photos, but have not heard back yet. Anyone have an idea what the problem is?
From your pictures, this looks very similar to the damage I CAUSED by attempting to lower the front shell WITHOUT having the slide out fully inserted. What happened to me was I did not have the chair properly centered so that it would not hit the front of the refridgerator. Since I noted this, I've been very careful to push the slide in and then verify it is all the way in by examining for proper contact at each side from the front of the unit.

Vince
Old 11-03-2004, 04:34 AM   #4
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Default Front Seal

The seal just comes in contat with the front slide out. There is nothing that is prutruding, or sharp. The slide out goes in nicely and seems to stop on each side just as it should. The front shell goes down easly and locks without a problem. But!!!!! Something is too tight! Right?
Old 11-04-2004, 05:06 AM   #5
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Unhappy front seal (too tight)

My thanks to those that have tried to help. However this does not seem to be a common problem, with a fix by the turn of a bolt. Since it had already developed on the trip from the factory to the dealer, then showed more damage from the dealer to home, I will just get ot taken care by TM or the dealer. The problem is that the dealer is 3 hours away. I e-mailed them last week with the problem, and included the photos. I received e-mail back saying that they would give it to their service manager on Monday. However they did not indicate what Monday, and I am still waiting to hear from them.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:04 AM   #6
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Angry Customer service

I am not happy with the TM dealer warranty service. It took 3 e-mails before they called, me. I had sent the same photos that are posted, and they still have not ordered the new seal. (8 days from 1st e-mail) I also need them to look at the refrigerator, as it will not stay lit. The dealer is 150 miles away, and their solution is just drop it off any time and leave it for a week or so. This is not what I am accustom to. My past expeieance with other dealers is to set up an appoitment and fix it right then. Now I wil waist 2 days 7 hours to deliver it, and another 7 hours to pick it up when, if it is repaired.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:02 AM   #7
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Unhappy Dealer Service

It got worse, see post under Dealers!