TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-10-2004, 05:09 PM   #1
toeb

Question Connecting Television to Antenna

Hi All! I a brand spankin' new TM 3326 owner with 4 road trips under my belt (and alot more in store). Almost all my questions have been answered on this web site. My dealer is setting up a new shop and hasn't gotten back to me yet, so here I post.
Question 1. Do you need a special cable to connect your tv (television) to the antenna? No problems when I've connected to the CG cable connection. Just wondering if I should carry an additional cable...
Question 2. Has anyone with a front LR slider, had any problems with the retaining bolts? My front slide doesn't seem to slide far enough to safely engage the two bolts no matter how many times I pull it out.
Thanks to all, for all the input. Happy camping!
Old 08-12-2004, 01:29 PM   #2
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Re front slide LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeb

Question 2. Has anyone with a front LR slider, had any problems with the retaining bolts? My front slide doesn't seem to slide far enough to safely engage the two bolts no matter how many times I pull it out.
Retaining bolts???? Are you perchance referring to the locking pins (with red handles) on either side of the slide (at the back edge) that drop into brass catches in the trailer floor? If this is what you are referring to, then no, I've never had any problems pulling the slide far enough forward to position the pins over the holes in the brass catches. If this isn't what you are referring to, you may be trying to do something you shouldn't.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:50 PM   #3
toeb

Default Locking pins...

Yep, locking pins is what I meant. I'm missing the brass catches by about 3/4" to 1". I've shimmying (?) from left to right, but it still won't budge far enough to lock into place.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:02 PM   #4
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Yep, locking pins is what I meant. I'm missing the brass catches by about 3/4" to 1". I've shimmying (?) from left to right, but it still won't budge far enough to lock into place.
Assuming the front of the slide is not hitting something on the hitch (e.g. tongue jack), it sounds like something is amiss under the slide...like something is wedged under there that shouldn't be. The slide can be lifted (it basically just sets on rollers at its rear edge) so that you can take a look.

I've never had any trouble moving my slide forward enough...in fact when I've gotten a little too vigorous in sliding mine, I've had the front roller jump over the front edge of the trailer.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 03:31 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Re: TV cable - just use standard TV coaxial cable. I got myself a 4' length of cable, with push-on connectors instead of screw-on, from Radio Shack. Since we put the TV on the kitchen counter above the refrig, this is a perfect length to connect the TV to the antenna outlet on the end of the cabinet.

Re the slider latch pins. Like Ray, I have occasionally pulled the slide out too far. Oops! But if it won't go out far enough, the first step is to take Ray's advice, and look for something under the slider, blocking its movement.

Assuming you don't find anything, let me ask this question. When you pull the slide out as far as you can, does the velcro flap behind the couch (ie, across the front) fit correctly? If so, my informal advise is to ignore the locking pins. In fact, I got so discouraged with those d***ed pins, trying to move the slide to just the right place to make them drop into the sockets, that I removed them. I know, people will say that an intruder could just push the slide into the TM to gain entry. Of course, you can't push the slide in until you have lifted all the velcro flaps, front and side, from the outside. But I guess an intruder could push up all the velcro, and THEN push the slide in.

I may be too trusting, but I try not to stay in campgrounds where people who are this knowledgeable AND this larcenous hang out. And if they want to get in this badly, there are other ways - probably easier.

Just my 2 cents - it may not even apply to your question.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 10:17 PM   #6
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Thumbs up Grease Pencil!

Quote:
As for Bill, I also do not use the pins. In fact my floor brackets are in my tool box. I pulled out the slide, aligned it carefully (so as not to be skewed), checked proper flap alignment to be sure all was keerect. Then went outside and marked the proper position with a grease pencil. On the left and right side at the slide-trailer interface. So, when opening I just check that the marks on each side are in exact alignment with the edge of the box (marks are on the slide). No more hassles.

Re the Security. Let's keep this a secret. A knowledgable user can open the forward flap from the outside, and climb inside in less than a minute. I've done it. Will spare the details. The floor latches are NOT a security device!

Denny_A
Old 08-29-2004, 05:51 PM   #7
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Denny,

Er, ah, um, (cough shuffle scratch)--- purely out of curiousity and just theoretically, what would you say the maximum waist size could be if somebody wanted to get into the trailer by this means?

Wayne

PS: Why would anybody go to that much trouble when it's so easy to reach through the flap by the door and disconnect the upper latch?

PPS: On my 3124KS, I just pull the handle until the slide stops, then visually align the pull handle with the jack stand to be sure it is centered. The sofa pins then drop into the holes without any further adjustments.
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 07:32 PM   #8
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Wink Waisting away in Packer Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-V_Driver
Denny,

Er, ah, um, (cough shuffle scratch)--- purely out of curiousity and just theoretically, what would you say the maximum waist size could be if somebody wanted to get into the trailer by this means?
Wayne

PS: Why would anybody go to that much trouble when it's so easy to reach through the flap by the door and disconnect the upper latch?
I would guess the outside limit would be around 38" (assuming one exhales completly first). It's easier if a small child is hoisted in to unlock, but not necessary.

Denny_A

P.S.: I've never been able to do the door latch thing with my trailer. Maybe I just wasn't clever enough.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:18 AM   #9
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Denny,

Armed with your girth assessment, I will definitely continue to manipulate the top half of the door when locked out. "Honest, officer, I was just trying to get into my own trailer using a technique suggested by a friend when I found myself stuck between the slideout and the roof shell. . . "

Wayne
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote