TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-28-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Default Thetford C200 Cassette toilet install

I will be installing a Thetford C200 cassette toilet in the near future. I know there are some folks that have already done this mod/replacement. What tips can you pass on and was there an issue/difficulty that I should be aware of before I start. I'm also interested in where and how you connected the plumbing. Any pictures you can provide will really help me the most.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Attached Images

2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:29 AM   #2
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Trailmanorman installed one. Check out this thread.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...+trailmanorman
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:45 PM   #3
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

I did the install a few year ago. No problems at all. I used the existing 12 volt that was used for the recirculating, ( mine is an electric model) .I picked up the water source by placing a tee in the out door shower line under the tub. It is easy access if you take apart the shower door, a few screws.
I previously posted pics , measure twice and then again before you cut the wall,
Made me nervous but I couldn't be happier!

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:15 PM   #4
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

TMM, I am very hesitant to cut a big old hole on the side of my trailer, so I will be taking lots of measurements. The shower door you mention, I assume you mean the outside one? That would make sense for access and ease in installing the tee. Did you use the same tubing that's used in the trailer or something else? Did you center the toilet between the sink cab and tub or not?
As much as I like the Thetford 550 toilet, I decided a removable casstette will be easier for my tired back.
Thanks for the help.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:41 AM   #5
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Yes outside shower for my tee, yes I centered it and since it swivels you can position it for comfort😀 Cutting the whole was sressful but mine came out great. You need to save the cutout for the door kit, dont forget to order it too! Love it....

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:50 PM   #6
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Default Update on the installation

Well today I installed the toilet and access door. I connected to the cold water line under the bathroom faucet. Using a 36” faucet line; ran it at the base of the cabinet, and connected the t-fitting onto the cold water connection point. Fitted the toilet in the location I wanted and outlined it using a white grease pencil. I fitted the inside templet within that white line and drilled the two alignment holes for the access door. Outside I cut the hole with a jig saw and a fine metal cutting blade and went very slow. I used 1/4” thick wood just behind the inside and outside locations where I had to screw the trim pieces to the frame, so the screw had something to grab onto. The directions say to fit a wood frame, but using the small pieces of trim was easier. I dug out only enough of the Styrofoam to fit the wood spacers, but it worked great. Attached the top mount bracket, and the last thing inside was screwing the toilet to the floor.
If I can stress anything when doing this mod, it would be to DRY FIT EVERYTHING before using any sealant! I failed to do this and actually discover that I was about to install the Styrofoam facing out verses the metal. What a mess, but I got it corrected and I couldn’t be happier. You can see the pictures in my album.

Two things; it bugged me that the US Thetford company would sell a toilet without a templet. So I contacted the English division and after confirming the model I have they were happy to send me the templet. I received it 10 days later.
Now I might be OCD, but to me it was just the logical thing to do. I went to the local FedEx store and had the templet scanned into a JPEG; as well as make me a full sized copy of it. Using the full sized copy, I cut out the sections I needed. I felt much better having the template then trying it without.

Plumbing Parts used:
36” flex faucet supply line- 3/8 X 3/8 compression
Hose barb 3/8 ID X ½” MPT
Small hose clamp for the blue hose
Comp to straight ½” X 3/8” OD
3/8 X 3/8 X 3/8” T-fitting