TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
suzuki11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs down Will be put in the container?

This is sunhung Hwang
Please help me~
I want to be the No. 1 Trailmanor owner in South Korea
I will purchase trailmanor 2720 SL or 3124K in LA.
I live in South Korea.
I want to bring it to Korea
The specifications of trailmanor are width 7 feet 7 inches. (231.14 cm)
I will use a 40 ft container
The limit width of container is 234.8 cm
If I remove the earnings, can I put it in a container trailer?

Look forward to your prompt return and thank you in advance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:41 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor
 
B_and_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Santa Cruz County, CA
Posts: 2,394
Default

By earnings, do you mean the awning, the shade pull out that is on top of the trailer that you can sit under to be shaded from the sun?
__________________
'97 2720 & '01 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4
2011 & 2017 Prii, 10'x18' & 10'x9' Tents
B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #3
suzuki11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post yes..awning

I can put it on a trailer awning remove..
If i can remove the awning
can I put it in a container trailer?

trailmanor width : 231.14 cm
40ft HC Container : 234.8 cm
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master
 
ZekenSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki11 View Post
This is sunhung Hwang
Please help me~
I want to be the No. 1 Trailmanor owner in South Korea
I will purchase trailmanor 2720 SL or 3124K in LA.
I live in South Korea.
I want to bring it to Korea
The specifications of trailmanor are width 7 feet 7 inches. (231.14 cm)
I will use a 40 ft container
The limit width of container is 234.8 cm
If I remove the earnings, can I put it in a container trailer?

Look forward to your prompt return and thank you in advance.


You may have to remove the awning and the clearance lights.

The factory specifications say that 231.14 cm (7' 7") is standard width without awning and clearance lights. The specification says to add 12.7 cm (5") when adding the awning and clearance lights.

It will be a tight fit. You may have to remove both the awning and clearance lights.

Jerry
__________________
Essie, Jerry and Lil' Bit the Mini Schnauzer-(now replaced by TWO Mini Schnauzers, Sassy and Schotzi)
2010 TM 3326 loaded for 3 day trip, 4955# GTW, 26 gal. water, 9.5 gal. LP, 530# Tongue Wt., 15" Dual Axle, TST Tire monitor, Hensley Cub Hitch
2004 Suburban 1500, 11,100# CGVW
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:11 AM   #5
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor
 
ShrimpBurrito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunny Beaches of Los Angeles
Posts: 3,163
Default

Wow, you're only talking about 1.5 inches of clearance (3.5 cm), so about 3/4" on each side. If that really is the clearance, I would think you would be fine, as the trailer can be strapped to the floor. But I would call the factory, describe your plan, and ask them to take some VERY detailed measurements, emphasizing that fractions of an inch are critical. They may even need to leave off things like marker lights, which are probably about 1/2" thick, as they may not be included in their measurements.

And if they say it will fit, I think I would be inclined to tell them that I would purchase only if they guarantee it will fit. They can get a container brought to the factory for a test fit, or take a trailer to a warehouse to do it there (such as the one where your freight forwarder is located). They may charge you a bit for their time to do it, and rightfully so, but it would be money well spent.

Dave
__________________
2000 2720SL & 2007 3124KB
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Twin Battle Born 12v 100Ah LiFePO4 (BBGC2) batteries, 300W solar on rear shell, Link 10, Lift kit, Maxxis 8008 225 75/R15 E tires
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Posts: 9,650
Default

No one here has the expertise to tell you for sure whether it will fit, or whether 3/4 of an inch is sufficient buffer space for an ocean voyage. Even strapped down, the trailer will move a bit on its suspension. You really need to contact the factory at www.trailmanor.com

Bill
__________________
2020 2720QS (aka 2720SL)
2014 Ford F-150 4WD 5.0L
Bill's Tech Stuff album
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Posts: 919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Wow, you're only talking about 1.5 inches of clearance (3.5 cm), so about 3/4" on each side. If that really is the clearance, I would think you would be fine, as the trailer can be strapped to the floor. But I would call the factory, describe your plan, and ask them to take some VERY detailed measurements, emphasizing that fractions of an inch are critical. They may even need to leave off things like marker lights, which are probably about 1/2" thick, as they may not be included in their measurements.

And if they say it will fit, I think I would be inclined to tell them that I would purchase only if they guarantee it will fit. They can get a container brought to the factory for a test fit, or take a trailer to a warehouse to do it there (such as the one where your freight forwarder is located). They may charge you a bit for their time to do it, and rightfully so, but it would be money well spent.

Dave

Conversation does not indicate the factory is involved with the purchase. OP says he will buy in LA. Possibly used or dealer unit. If dealer unit, I would make it priority as you've mentioned to size it accurately contingent of sale.
__________________
rvcycleguy

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #8
ThePair
TrailManor Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,062
Default

Removing all those lights is something the seller/dealer can do, and is going to be necessary. The other protuberances are the corner latches, and the spots where the awning attaches to the side of the TM; those may need to be removed as well.

I agree with the above: make the sale contingent on a guarantee of a fit.
__________________
2009.5 2720SL
2006 Toyota Sienna
2018 Audi Q7
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #9
Beak12
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

About 2 or 3 years ago someone in China bought about 10 or 12 units to be shipped to China. I know it shipped from Los Angeles dock. i think Custom RV was somehow involved.
You might want to contaact them.
John
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
suzuki11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak12 View Post
About 2 or 3 years ago someone in China bought about 10 or 12 units to be shipped to China. I know it shipped from Los Angeles dock. i think Custom RV was somehow involved.
You might want to contaact them.
John

Thank you very much!

I will be contact with Custom RV!
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cargo Carrier put in Bicycle Hitch on back of TM Tampajohn Tips and Tricks 1 05-29-2013 11:04 PM
Where to put added battery kieranmullen Electrical 1 03-01-2013 05:58 PM
Put AC on Roof of older model 1990 M-28 Saberrr Appliances 5 04-03-2011 08:59 PM
Can I put 15" tires on my 2005 2720? Joe Daddy Tires Tires Tires 1 08-24-2010 07:35 AM
Spice container/ 6 compartments in 1 for $3 B_and_D Interior 13 10-28-2003 09:44 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2021 Trailmanor Owners Page.