TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-23-2003, 11:46 AM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Outside cable TV connector

My 2002 TM did not have an outside cable TV connector, so last month I bought one from the factory. Now, as I sit here looking at it, and looking at my TM, I realize that I don't know if there is anything magic about the specific mounting location. Anybody know if there is anything hidden in the wall in that area? A structural spar, for example? Does the back of this unit open up into the refrigerator compartment?

Before I start cutting the hole, has anyone installed one of these? If anyone wanted to make a measurement for me, or even better, snap a picture, I would be grateful.

Thanks

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:54 AM   #2
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Outside cable TV connector

Bill,
The factory installed phone and cable connections on my TM are located between the upper and lower fridge access vents. It's easy to route the wiring to the TV antenna outlet area from here.
HTH MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 12:36 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Thanks, Mike. Armed with that info (so I knew what I was looking for), I found a picture right here on the board that shows exactly what I need. I'm good to go!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 07:16 PM   #4
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Bill,

As you know I added one to mine last spring. If you look at the mods page on my site, I have pics of the cable input and the telephone jack I installed as well.

Nothing unusual to be aware of except the water pump...just make sure that you don't drill into that, but with yours an SL, I don't believe that this will be a problem for you, and you can pretty much ignore all else I have said here too, because your layout is different from mine. :

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 07:58 PM   #5
Happytrails

Should just be two skins sandwiching styrofoam in that area Bill.....good to go......The only framing I know of is around windows, vents, etc, (as well as the normal places you'd expect it), just watch out for that........

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails........[/glow]