TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
JOEALAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Theford 80 tiolet, Year 2001

Having problems with my toilet. Went to push button and nothing happen. Was working for two days camping. Is it a 12 volt or 24 volt? I did change out the fuse in fuse box. Is there another fuse located somewhere else? Thanks for any help. Joe
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
MudDog
 
MudDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 273
Default

It should be 12V. Mine has a fuse under the plastic housing at the top/back of the toilet where the wires go in and where the switch is. The housing can be removed with two screws and lifts off to reveal the switch and pump.

One of the wires has a glass fuse.

Bill has a toilet removal tutorial in the technical library that has pictures of the hood removed (you don't need to remove the whole toilet to get to the fuse...just the hood described in the first steps).

Not sure if you have access, or if your site membership has expired?
__________________
Former:
2009 2619 w/swing tongue
TV 2010 Tacoma Dbl Cab PreRunner
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
JOEALAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDog View Post
It should be 12V. Mine has a fuse under the plastic housing at the top/back of the toilet where the wires go in and where the switch is. The housing can be removed with two screws and lifts off to reveal the switch and pump.

One of the wires has a glass fuse.

Bill has a toilet removal tutorial in the technical library that has pictures of the hood removed (you don't need to remove the whole toilet to get to the fuse...just the hood described in the first steps).

Not sure if you have access, or if your site membership has expired?
Thank you MudDog. I've pulled down from internet a breakdown of parts on Theford 80 tiolet but not the step by step removal. Your right, I've been off for a few years so I don't have excess to tutorial library. I'm planning to sell my 2619 within the next couple of months. Getting to small with two big grandkids and we are getting tired of bending down to get items from frig and cabinets.

Still would like to know if anyone had the same problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Joe S.

PS If you are ever in the Russian river area (CA) Casini Ranch and Campground is an excellent campground to stay in. They really did some major upkeep in the pass two years and only five miles from Jenner of the Sea.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
JOEALAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Glass fuse in tiolet.

Dose anyone know the size of fuse, type, number, in Metford tiolet? Any ideas why the push button would stop operating?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Posts: 9,273
Default

Have you opened it up as suggested and looked at it? That should be all that is required.

Bill
__________________
2020 2720QS (aka 2720SL)
2014 Ford F-150 4WD 5.0L
Bill's Tech Stuff album
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
JOEALAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Have you opened it up as suggested and looked at it? That should be all that is required.

Bill
Thank you Bill for your advise. My trailor is parked in a campground about two hours away and a hour from any sizable town. I was asking for the fuse size hoping some kind soul out there has the number and save me from driving to the campsite, remove top of, remove fuse and then travel another hour to get a fuse. Maybe I should of been more clear when I first ask for help. No pun, no offense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
ELM-JLM
 
ELM-JLM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Largo, Florida
Posts: 330
Default

The fuse is a: 6 amp 3ag, fast-blo # 312006
__________________
Earl

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!


[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #8
JOEALAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Theford tiolet (internal fuse number)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELM-JLM View Post
The fuse is a: 6 amp 3ag, fast-blo # 312006
Thank you for making this a little easlier for me. Again, thank you very much and I try to let everyone what happen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Posts: 9,273
Default

JoeAlan -

My response earlier today has been "misfiled" somewhere. My apologies.

I believe that the toilet comes from Thetford with a 5-amp fuse installed. There have been enough fuse pops that Thetford suggests stepping up to a 7-amp fuse. Earl's has clearly been replaced with something in between, and that is fine.

Bill
__________________
2020 2720QS (aka 2720SL)
2014 Ford F-150 4WD 5.0L
Bill's Tech Stuff album
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #10
JOEALAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
JoeAlan -

My response earlier today has been "misfiled" somewhere. My apologies.

I believe that the toilet comes from Thetford with a 5-amp fuse installed. There have been enough fuse pops that Thetford suggests stepping up to a 7-amp fuse. Earl's has clearly been replaced with something in between, and that is fine.

Bill

Thank you Bill.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2021 Trailmanor Owners Page.