TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
rarin2go

Default Rv Insurance

Waiting for delivery of our 2720. Brand new. I haven't seen a discussion about insurance. We've had some quotes. They seem to offer total loss replacement, purchase price guarantee for five years, personal contents cov., disapearing ded., emerg. vacation expense, vac. liability. $500. ded. coll. & comp. $2000. personal eff. $25000. vac. liability. Premiums run from $490. to $816. Is this normal RV cov.

Rarin2go
Old 02-09-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Ues the Search tool on the term "Insurance" and you will find lots of information. For wexample

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=5624

I paid about $450 for the first year of coverage on my 2006 - total coverage meaning "retail value" which decreases every year, along with the premium. Some have found better, and the discussions you uncover will lay them out for you.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
evans27292

check with progressive , i have all above on $38,000 COVERAGE AND STARTS OUT$75.00 DED. DECLINEING $25.00 /YEAR UNTIL DOWN TO $O WITH A YEARLY COST OF $238.00
Old 02-10-2008, 07:16 AM   #4
mtnguy

It cost me $43 per year to add my TM to my mulit-car Erie auto policy. There is a $250 deductable for physical damage, and $500 deductable for collision. It also includes towing (but isn't it towed all of the time?? ). But that is for blue book value, not replacement cost......as are the rest of my vehicles.

Liability coverage is provided by the towing vehicle.

Chap
Old 02-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #5
evans27292

the only trouble with that not being a seperate policy,if you have a claim while towing,that would go against your car insurance and while in your driveway something happens would go against your homeowners insurance.with the increase of premiums of either are you saving money ? i dont think so.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #6
DenandSue

We too have Progressive insurance and it runs us $129 a year. The TM is covered under your auto policy if anything happens to it WHILE it is hitched to the TV - any other time, this TM policy kicks in.
Dennis
Old 02-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #7
mtnguy

It is my understanding that if I hit a pole with the TM while towing, I would need collision insurance specifically to fix the TM. But, if I damaged property by sideswiping another vehicle or something (and I was at fault), then my tow vehicles liability insurance would cover that claim.

And then if a branch fell on the TM while parked, then the physical damage part of my insurance would cover that problem.

Chap
Old 02-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #8
evans27292

i have GMC auto ins urance and progresive trailer insurance. i was told by my agent, if i was involved in a wreck, my auto policy would cover my truck and progresive would cover the trailer. each stand on their own.i would not want my auto insurance to be tied in to my trailer at all,the way auto insurance rates almost double when you have a wreck.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:57 AM   #9
jonesmg

Just purchased a new 2720 last week...our insurance is 200/year, full coverage with Allstate
Old 03-15-2008, 03:57 PM   #10
evans27292

The trouble with auto policy does it cover if someone gets injured in your rv or on your campsite while it is parked ,and those electronics,computers and jewelry ? no standard auto policy doesnt cover these at all. so are you saving money with a partial coverage?