TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-25-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
13dano

Default Rear shell Open Space Cover?

Whenever I camp, I usually bring my bike on my bike rack mounted on the rear hitch of the TM. At night or when I leave the campsite for any length of time, I put the bike back in that same area - locked of course. It works out well because it's like a mini-carport and out of the elements.

Unfortunately my site at Disney these past few days was extremely lame. The view to the rear and literally within 30 feet was the public bathrooms. To top it off, I was in the partial hook-up area meaning that there was a majority of tent campers downing six packs and using the bathroom at all hours. It also meant that every kid hopped up on holiday candy who didn't get that bike for Christmas would clearly see mine under the rear bed slide-out when entering and exiting the bathroom - a prospect I didn't find comforting but I digress. I ended up locking the bike in my truck bed out of sight under the bed cover. It was a bit of a pain in the nether regions to say the least.

Anyway, now that I'm in my third paragraph and likely offended everyone with kids or grandkids, here is my question: I've seen covers at CampingWorld that are made for enclosing the open space under the hitch area on fifth wheels and was wondering if someone has rigged up something similar for the rear space on the TM? If I had some sort of way to block up the three sides but still allow easy access, I would have felt a lot better about leaving my bike, along with my grill and assorted other camping supplies there when not in use.

Thanks!
Dano

(obviously still recovering from having my favorite bike stolen 40 years ago)
Old 12-26-2007, 05:25 AM   #2
NYJeff

You could probably rig something up pretty cheaply with shower curtains & some heavy duty velcro. Two identical pieces for each side & a 3rd for the end. Would at least keep things hidden, although it might just pique curiousity.

I'm sure there are better solutions out there. Good luck.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:08 AM   #3
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

I think there is an unlisted TM option for the cover you are seeking. Try calling Ed at the factory to find out.
Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:01 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Years ago, our member Colorado Cop started a discussion on this topic, and I think there was some pretty good info.
WATCH THIS SPOT

[this one]

If I can find a link that works, I'll put it here.

Bill
-------------------------

Aha! Here it is. Looks like ColoradoCop has been inactive so long that his name has been purged from the record. But his posts live on!

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...read.php?t=117
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:41 PM   #5
13dano

Wow! Great work in getting that information from the archives. I did a basic search before posting but evidently not thorough enough. Hard to believe it goes back five years and more.
I will check with the factory and report back.
Thanks!
Dano
Old 12-29-2007, 05:53 PM   #6
NYJeff

Here's a couple of photos of what I believe is a homemade vinyl skirt for a TM.

Yahoo! Group Photos