TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #11
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reldma View Post
One thing we discovered after removing the carpet was the top of the wardrobe that was on the floor when traveling now is messed up from not having carpet under it. So if you remove the carpet place something under the wardrobe.
I'm not sure what others have done in this situation, but one thing I might consider doing -- put "bumpers" on the top of the wardrobe on the side that faces the floor when in the down position. Bumpers like the ones that cushion the bathroom walls. Then put some small cuts of MHHW tape on the floor where the bumpers will rest. A piece of carpet would work too, ironically enough, but that's one more thing to setup/take down and remember every time.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #12
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
I'm not sure what others have done in this situation, but one thing I might consider doing -- put "bumpers" on the top of the wardrobe on the side that faces the floor when in the down position. Bumpers like the ones that cushion the bathroom walls. Then put some small cuts of MHHW tape on the floor where the bumpers will rest. A piece of carpet would work too, ironically enough, but that's one more thing to setup/take down and remember every time.

Dave
Our '04 2720SL came from the factory with linoleum throughout (no carpet). There are small felt tabs on the top molding of the wardrobe. I don't know if they were from the factory or the previous owner but there are no scratches on our wardrobe.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #13
rjsmalley

I think this will be the year I get rid of the w/w carpet in my TM. I don't think I have ever seen a mention of how the slideout livingroom is done. The carpet goes all the way to the edge of the box, what's the best way to do the carpet removal and instalation of vynal under the slideout? Does the slideout lift up?
Old 01-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #14
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The slideout is easy to move out of the way. You'll want to have a few orange crates, cinder blocks, short wood hunks, etc on hand.

Set up the camper and level it. Open the slideout all the way but don't attach any of the velcro. From one rear corner of the slideout, lift the slideout about an inch, and roll it a bit further forward. Set the front corner up on a pile of blocking. Go to the other side and do the same thing. That's all there is to it. If you move it 2 or 3 inches beyond its normal stop, you should be good to go for carpet work inside.

The slideout is actually a rigid box on wheels. When you pull it out, you are simply wheeling the box forward until the wheels hit a wooden stop block. When you lift it, you are just lifting the wheel over the stop block. Once over the stop block, you could continue pulling and get the slideout right out and onto the ground. I don't recommend it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #15
PopBeavers

I may be one of the few TM owners that paid a bit more up front to have factory installed vinyl flooring instead of the carpet. I knew we would use it for 3 seasons, and carpet is not a good idea for us.

When we bought our newly constructed home in 1986, we picked a vinyl floor for the laundry room that only came in 6 foot widths instead of the alternative 12 foot widths.

This resulted in a seam becoming necessary, which the installer chose to place under the washer and dryer where it would not be so noticeable.

Subsequently we had a failure in the seam under the washer and a small leak in the washer. This resulted in hidden damage to the sub-flooring.

I am now a big fan of seamless vinyl, because each seam might allow water to get through to what ever is under it.

However, I do believe that there is a seam between the hall and the bathroom that is covered by a metal strip.

Personally, I will never install the individual vinyl tiles (the ones that are about 10 inches square) because there would be too many seams. But, that is my choice.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #16
dalord

Default Laminate and water

Water is only a problem when using laminate floors if the water stands on the floor. Tracking in water is no problem if wiped up in a few minutes (15)
It can easily be put on top of the vinyl that is already there if it is not buckled.
Good luck!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:49 AM   #17
Clwpaddler

Default Replacing carpet with vinyl

For those of you who have eliminated the carpet and gone with vinyl, have you used the adhesive squares? I would like to do the same in my 01 tm3023, but hesitate to have so many edges where dirt and moisture can get in to. What has your experience been?

Woody