TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-01-2023, 04:33 PM   #1
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

I have taken a page from Steve & Erica Lineberry’s youtube demo on their weboost install in their Casita, for my antenna installation.
Using a telescoping painters pole, mounted only temporarily when needed, rather than permanently on the TV antenna. Just works better for me.

I’ll be mounting it at the rear driver’s side corner using clamps. (Screws and 3M mounting tape) Not going with a 16’ pole though. 8’ extended and will really only end up about 4-6’ above the roof even at it’s highest extension. Easily set up when I’m going to need it, which isn’t that often.

Store the cable in the power cord space and feed it out through the mousehole. Run it in through the underbed storage cupboard, behind the drawers and up to the counter beside the stove. Keeps it all within the box, no worries about how to feed it around the shells and seals, and no drilling holes in the TM shells.

Plan is to run the 12V power directly from the overhead light feed, either the one over the stove or the one in the hallway, or if I see another easily accessible 12V source, I’ll use that. Just checked the length of the wiring on the 12V adapter and it’s 11’. Might just run it straight from the battery bay, though that is probably a bit too long. Store the pole (4’ collapsed) in the bumper, the antenna in the battery bay.
Haven’t determined exactly where I will mount the amplifier. Probably another removable mount - maybe on velcro on the ceiling between the wardrobe and the stove, since that’s where the power will be and the antenna wire is coming up.

Did a test of the set up today with the antenna just supported in place in the back. With the antenna at the back corner and the inside antenna at the front, I will have a better chance of avoiding feedback between them, which causes the booster to attenuate the signal from the inside antenna. Get the best chance for optimal signal.

Though I have a pretty decent signal where I live (telus tower right here in our little town only about 1-1/2 km away) I did get a decent boost in signal strength - from -107 to -85 dBm. So looks like will be a win. Once I have it all set up, I’ll update. Waiting for the clamps for the pole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3D9EC204-1A80-48A2-8A5E-4AAD98AB7A0C.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	513.6 KB
ID:	22510  
Old 09-01-2023, 05:27 PM   #2
FlyboyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Mac View Post
I have taken a page from Steve & Erica Lineberry’s youtube demo on their weboost install in their Casita, for my antenna installation.
Using a telescoping painters pole, mounted only temporarily when needed, rather than permanently on the TV antenna. Just works better for me.

Though I have a pretty decent signal where I live (telus tower right here in our little town only about 1-1/2 km away) I did get a decent boost in signal strength - from -107 to -85 dBm. So looks like will be a win. Once I have it all set up, I’ll update. Waiting for the clamps for the pole.
Deb,
Glad you were able to work things out to your satisfaction. As with all things, there are usually several different ways to achieve the desired effect. I had to chuckle a bit when you posted your dBm signal strength. Understanding that really helps to see what kind of a signal you actually have and how well the WeBoost is performing. Take care....and best wishes!

Travis