TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
skcerny

Default Carpet Replacement

Just returned from a wonderful two-week vacation on Cape Cod. During our return trip in Herkimer, NY, we had a bad storm one night and we sprung a leek in the roof. To make a long story short, it looked like the chalking around the vents on top start to pull away and with the driving winds, water pushed through.

Once home, we had another bad storm hit before I could clean off the old chalk and reseal. During the 2nd storm at home, a fair amount of water got into the carpeting and it looks like it is molding a bit. I have tried to clean the carpet but it still has that molding smell and is slightly discolored. The leak has been fixed and appears to be dry but it looks like I'm going to have to replace the carpeting between the couches ('05 3023). I was thinking about replacing it with something other than carpet and was considering either Pergo type material or a vinyl wood-like material.

Who out there has done this and what did you use? Was it fairly easy to do?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
Freedom

There are several threads about this. Search for Pergo or go to this site: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=3434