TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-20-2004, 01:16 PM   #1
EPICSDUDE

Default Firm Mattress

Does anybody have any suggestions on making the bed softer? I have tried air mattesses, but you really have to climb high to get into bed and getting out of bed is difficult to say the least. However, it is the most comfortable. I have purchased a memory foam mattress topper to try in place of the air mattress. I am currently using it on top of my Sleep number bed at home. "Just testing". I am loving it on my bed. Can't wait to see if is as comfortable in the TM as it is at home. It is 3 inches thick and I thought about leaving on the rear bed. It looks like I have enough clearence when I close the top, but won't know for sure until I try.

Rocky
Old 04-20-2004, 02:10 PM   #2
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Firm Mattress

I just picked up a memory foam cover for the TM as well. The last outing, I got up with a substantial backache, so I am hoping the memory foam will do the trick, however, I only got one that is 1-1/2" thick. I will shake it down this weekend and report back on how it does for me.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:18 PM   #3
live2shopnc

Where are you getting the memory foam--how much does it cost? Haven't slept in mine yet but the matress does feel hard. I am going to get the wife to close the back half while I am in it and see how much clearence there is.( I know she will let me out because she wouldn't wont to lose the TM).
Old 04-20-2004, 08:55 PM   #4
EPICSDUDE

I did the same thing by getting in the TM and closing the back shell. Best I could determine I had about 3.5 inches in the center and about 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 inches on the sides. I bought mine from an Ebay store. Just search on memory foam. I paid about $109 plus shipping for mine(Queen). If it is a comfortable in the TM as it is on my bed at home, I'll be in heaven!!!!

Rocky
Old 04-21-2004, 06:53 AM   #5
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

[quote author=live2shopnc link=board=1;threadid=1859;start=msg13196#msg13196 date=1082510280]
Where are you getting the memory foam--how much does it cost? Haven't slept in mine yet but the matress does feel hard. I am going to get the wife to close the back half while I am in it and see how much clearence there is.( I know she will let me out because she wouldn't wont to lose the TM).
[/quote]

I got mine online through Linens-N-Things. I got the king size so I can cut down to match the mattress.

If the link works it is here:

http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=family

You may have to copy and paste the url, for some reason the period throws everything off.

Larry
Old 04-21-2004, 10:58 PM   #6
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Quote:
I am currently using it on top of my Sleep number bed at home.
Rocky,
As a current user of the Sleep number bed at home, and former TM owner, I can tell you that you will not find a reasonable substitute to make your TM bed approach the comfort you enjoy at home. We used a good quality egg-crate under the sheets on our TM and the comfort was acceptable. However, on long trips (3 weeks or longer) we found we had "pressure points" on our bodies that were tender.

Perhaps the memory foam will be an improvement over the egg-crate style, but it wasn't available when we owned our TM.

Old 04-22-2004, 08:05 AM   #7
Frenchy
Site Sponsor

Try this site for memory foam pad.

http://www.smartbargains.com/default.aspx

I can't get it to insert the hyperlink.

Frenchy
Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 08:16 AM   #8
Frenchy
Site Sponsor

Let's try this again.

http://www.smartbargains.com/prod.as...38349286853133
Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:40 PM   #9
EPICSDUDE

I tried the memory foam mattress and it works just fine! I did not try to close the TM with it on the bed though, I was trying to beat a rain storm heading my way. I hope to try to close it with the mattress on the bed. If it works I'm gonna have to buy one for my bed at home, I'm hooked on it!

Rocky
Old 05-07-2004, 03:02 PM   #10
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

I have a 1-1/2" thick memory foam pad on mine, and the TM closes just fine with it in place. It made a world of difference too when I used it. No more backaches!

Larry