TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-29-2003, 10:15 AM   #1
bill s

Default am/fm/cd player

new owner of 2004 3124kb, need counsel and advice ..
can only find power cable over fridge...????
has any installed a am/fm/cd player over the fridge???
thanks...linn/bill
Old 10-29-2003, 10:53 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re:am/fm/cd player

After you have removed the cabinet-front cap/plug, you should be able to reach in and pull out a big bundle of colored wires, including an antenna cable with a standard plug on the end. Maybe 8-10 wires total? (The wires to the TV outlet/cigarette lighter plug are also in there, but they don't count.) Are you saying you can find some of these wires, but not all?

Peer around inside with a flashlight - they may have gotten pushed to the side. If they are not there, go into the adjoining cabinet and see if a bunch of open-ended wires have slipped down Take off the upper outdoor vent cover behind the refrig, and see if you can see them.

Let us know what you find.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 11:04 AM   #3
azroadrunner

Linn/Bill,

I have a 1997 3124KS in which I installed a Pioneer DEH-P4500MP which I purchased at WalMart. There was another radio installed prior so I had all the connections necessary. Since yours is new, I would contact the factory for guidance. Do you have speakers installed in the front? If so, they would have to have the wires terminating somewhere. Hopefully, where you want to install the radio. In my case the speaker wires go down through the left rear tubes and then pass through the floor. They are two separate clear zip (double, like extension cord) wires. I have no idea if they have changed their methods since 1997 or not, but a 3124KB would probably be wired similarly to a 3124KS. If you find the speaker wires that's really all you need since you have already found the power. Oops, you still need an antenna. In my case that also goes through the same tube at the left rear of the upper shell. It goes to an antenna located at the left rear of the upper shell. I have heard reports of this antenna being powered, but mine is not. It is like a very short car antenna which also folds down. This wire can also be found under the trailer very near to the tube attached to the left rear upper shell support. Hope this helps.

Jim
Old 10-29-2003, 01:55 PM   #4
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

[quote author=bill s link=board=2;threadid=1490;start=msg10487#msg10487 date=1067447705]
new owner of 2004 3124kb, need counsel and advice ..
can only find power cable over fridge...????
has any installed a am/fm/cd player over the fridge???
thanks...linn/bill
[/quote]
The wires for the radio are tie wrapped to a wiring guide on the inside and to the left of the radio cutout. It can be difficult to cut the wire tie(s) especially if you have large hands. I am assuming that your TM came "pre-wired for a radio". Speakers mounted in the front overhead usually indicate that the TM is pre-wired for a radio.
MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote