TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tips and Tricks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
othermum

Default Replacing the 2002 hardware and clock

Making new curtains for our 2002 SL was easy, so I decided to update a few other things. To change the water stained clock, I popped off the plastic front with a slot screwdriver, pulled off the minute, second and hour hands , scraped off the picture, taped over the hole, and spray painted the gold clock. I cut a clock face out of white paper and applied adhesive backed clock numbers (from the craft store). Glued new clock face to clock, pressed hands back on, and popped clear plastic front back on. The most dramatic improvement was replacing the gold lights and cabinet hardware. Target has some very nice stainless steel looking drawer pulls that come six to a package. They fit the trailmanor like a glove. They are only $10.00 for a package of six. One of them, the handle on the bathroom wall, will require a trip to the hardware store for a two longer screws. Also replaced the gold toilet and towel holders. We also bought a 2" memory foam mattress and use a Sealy Perfect Fit fitted sheet that fits over the Trailmanor mattress and memory foam mattress very well. Those sheets are highly rated by consumer reports.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Wow...you have been busy! Sounds like it looks really nice!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:52 AM   #3
retiredgoat

Hi othermum,

It's way fun to customize the TM and it sounds like your's will be a very nice one of a kind.

Good Luck, Happy Camping

Bob
Old 07-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
rubydoodle

Do you leave the memory foam on the bed when you put the Trailmanor down?
Old 08-02-2008, 08:45 PM   #5
othermum

Hi Ruby,
Yes, we do. Clamps are a little tighter, but seems to work ok. We only use sheets for cover (both hot natured) so no thick bedding or bedspread, only sheets.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 AM   #6
Joesjunk
Site Sponsor

Default Clock replacement

The ticking was way too loud. We replaced the clock it our TM with a digital with indoor temperature monitor from Wally World. Used velcro for the mount. Will probably replace it again with a clock with an indoor/outdoor temperature indicator from Sam's (20.00).
Joesjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
mnmstallard

other mum .... what did you replace the gild lights with???? any one???
Old 10-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
camp2canoe

Another self-deprecating post for the "Idiot's roost" section - I winterized the TM yesterday and couldn't quite get the lower shell to latch on the off door side. I went in to get DW to help but it still was just shy of getting it to latch. Her comment pretty well verbatim was "Something's wrong and you always told me never to force anything on the TM so let's pull out the rear shell and look for the problem." Being cold and tired I again tried to force it shut but eventually concurred and the rear hold down latch (now bent) had been cockeyed - when it was straightened and realigned, of course it closed and latched perfectly. The moral of this story is to always remember to check that all four latches are aligned before closing, or to remember that you can't force something or even (since DW doesn't read these posts) that sometimes your significant other may have the right answer. camp-2-canoe
Old 10-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #9
AstroBruce

I did the same thing with a bottle of hand soap sitting on the galley sink. Now I have a dent in the ceiling above the bath tub, and a crushed bottle of hand soap.