TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
renny seymour

Default questions from new owner

Is a 50 psi water pressure reducer harmful? Can 2619 be closed with two inch mattress pad on top of existing pad? Is there an adapter I should get to go on fresh water tank filler? Most importantly, diagram on toilet seat shows water and sanitizer added to boel. Did that , didn't work. Looks like water and sanitizer should be put in hole where toilet tank would normally. Is that correct? Wejust had our first trip, lots os things we did not know. renny
Old 07-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Scott O

1. Join the forum...best $12 you will ever spend.
2. What is the year of your TM? Makes a difference.
3. Most psi reducers are 40 psi. Don't know if the extra 10 would be harmful. I doubt it.
4. Doubtful if it would fit.
5. The hose adapter is just a smaller diameter hose on a fitting. Doesn't cost much and helps by letting more air out of the tank as you fill.
6. Don't understand the last question. The sanitizer just goes into the toilet bowl and down into the holding tank unless you have an unusual toilet.

If you join you will have access to all the archives. There is more info there than any mortal could possibly use!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #3
Al-n-Sue

Default 2 inch mattress pad - not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renny seymour View Post
Can 2619 be closed with two inch mattress pad on top of existing pad?
My experience is that a 2" pad is too much. I dropped down to a 1" pad and it closes, but is snug. With the 2" pad (memory foam, high density) the latches didn't come close to reaching. It could depend on how well adjusted the shell is. Some may have different experiences. My dealer did a lot of work on mine before we picked it up (2003 3124) to make sure the shells closed tightly.

Even with only a 1" pad, it makes a big difference in the mattress!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
agesilaus

On the toilet question: it takes a lot longer than you think it will, to add that 3.5 gallons to the toilet using the shower hose. You may need to tap the gauge on the toilet since they can get stuck. But it does go down the toilet bowl along with the deodorizer.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:58 AM   #5
camp2canoe

Renny - we have a 3/4" closed cell foam pad under the forward berth on our '05 2619 and with that and a fleece blanket on the berth it is a tight fit when we close up. As I have a bad hip the factory foam mattress and 3/4" pad don't supply enough padding for me. Our solution was to buy two 2" camp model Therm-A-Rests (campmor.com or Cabela's) that we stick under the factory mattress and we sleep as well as in our waterbed at home. When traveling they are folded around our television and microwave that ride on the floor giving great protection. The camp model Therm-A-Rests aren't cheap but can do double duty as pool floats or when canoe camping. - camp2canoe
Old 07-16-2008, 07:45 AM   #6
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by renny seymour View Post
Is a 50 psi water pressure reducer harmful? Is there an adapter I should get to go on fresh water tank filler?
For the pressurized freshwater connection, if you install any pressure reducers, adapters, filters, etc on the fill end of the hose, not the TM end of the hose, you'll find it easier to get a seal at the TM connection and you'll have less risk of breaking it when somebody trips over the hose in the dark some night.

As to the toilet, the fill gauge in mine no longer works so it saves a lot of time to just pour 3 gallons of water from the house hose bib (using an old milk bottle) into the toilet when we're packing up to go. This is faster than the TM water system, and we know exactly where the starting point is. Actually, 2 gallons looks like it works too, if you're planning to push the capacity.

Join the forum!
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #7
renny seymour

thanks for information got the toilet working, don't know what I was doing wrong called Trail Manor, engeneering said they were tested to 80 psi looking for 35psi not too concerned good idea to put pressure reducer farther away some pressure loss from 25 ft of hose next time out hope to learn a little more renny
Old 07-20-2008, 09:31 AM   #8
101kreasons

we have 2720 and use twin air mattress and electric pump from wal-mart. still take it off because of hard plastic air port may stick up
Old 11-18-2008, 09:19 PM   #9
rhmiddl

We use a 2" memory foam topper and roll it up and store it before we fold down the camper.