TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2008, 03:27 AM   #1
F Shuman

Unhappy Sofa in 2720

Really disappointed with the sofa. I didn't check it out when I made the purchase - and I wouldn't want a different model, but this is shoddy. First, I thought it made into a double - nope - only 41" wide!

Even worse, when you pull out the seat and put the back down, it is not level! I bought some felt pads amd placed them on the wooden supports below the bed. This leveled it a little but I am disappointed. Guess I will try to locate a foam pad to level things. Maybe TM customer service could supply? Hmmm.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:54 AM   #2
13dano

I tend to agree. To level it out a bit when in the bed mode, I take the one piece plastic step that came with the TM (to step in the back bed), turn it on its side and put it between the bottom of the couch frame and the carpeted floor. For me it seems to level it and make it more stable. Since I am just over six feet tall, I also have to take out the removable side cushions if I want to sleep in it.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #3
F Shuman

Had hoped for more replies . . . surely I am the only person bothered by this. It is really not a dealer issue, but one of design. Help!
Old 05-06-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
coulter

We just stick a kid or two on ours, they can sleep anywhere I've never really owned a rv that the pull out beds were very comfortable in though so I wasn't expecting much.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I slept on the sofa one night ...I did not pull the sofa out...and I slept okay.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #6
13dano

It's similar to the chair that came with my 2720sl. Not very comfortable to me at all. I bought the rocker/recliner from Camping World when it went on sale and it is fantastic! I'm not sure if the sleeper sofa is a standard size that you'd be able to upgrade though - especially since mine has the heater system built underneath.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by F Shuman View Post
Had hoped for more replies . . . surely I am the only person bothered by this. It is really not a dealer issue, but one of design. Help!

My son's first comment about our 2720SL, "This is not camping! Fridge, AC, bathroom, ...(did not mention TV because we don't want television in our TM). He's a former Boy Scout, and when he camped with his mom and dad, it was in a tent, just like the Boy Scouts. On the other hand, my daughter, looks at our TM and says nothing (probably thinks what she said when she was age 15 (now age 35), "You guys are retarded!").

One of the most disconcerting feelings is when you realize you did not get not get what you think you paid for. There are two realities, yours, and the manufacturers.

I think you've got a valid point about the sofa in all the models that have the SL suffix.... Maybe TM will look for ways to improve on the quality of that bed that sleeps 2(??!)

When we bought our TM, we figured the bed in the back is for "us". When the grandchildren come along, the bed in the back is for everyone. Grandpa can sleep on the sofa.

What I'd like to know is, "Who have you got pegged for the sofa?".

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #8
Scott O

I don't really have a problem with the sofa. It is what it is. Could and should be designed better, but that is beside the point. What I object to is TrailManor counting it as a 2 person bed in computing sleeping capacity. It would hold 2 people, but they would need to be very small and be able to put up with a very uncomfortable bed!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:23 AM   #9
Azcamper69

I subscribe to some very simple rules in life. One of them is that if you make your guest to comfortable they will 1). never leave or 2) keep coming back. I love the sofa in our 2720 SL.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #10
F Shuman

Yeah . . . I wondered about the "sleeps 4" comment. I guess that means 3 in back? Well ... at some point I will modify it ... maybe TM can give us some pointers. Frankly . . . I don't want to "bug" my dealer about it. He is too nice to bother about this stupidity.