TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
Al-n-Sue

Default Real owners now!

We brought our 2003 3124kb home on Tuesday. The dealer did a marvelous job of cleaning it up and adjusting everything. They even gave a few parts a new coat of paint! If I didn't know better, I'd say it looks almost new. I checked it out while parked in the street at home and everything looks great. The previous owners made a few mods that are very nice -

-deadbolt lock on lower door
-changed round handle for a lever handle
-added speakers for the radio/cd above the rear bed
-installed a thin radiant heat barrier under each mattress
-added a small vanity in the bath - it hangs on the outside wall of the shower using standard TM hangers
-replaced 3 lights with flourescent fixtures (ThinLights)
-covered all 3 roof vents with MaxxAir covers
-covered each step with removable/washable step covers
-installed a small mirror on the back of the wardrobe door
-etched a code on each key and its matching lock
-added rigid plastic propane tank covers

I'll probably find a few more things as I get out and use it. In addition, I asked the dealer to install a cabinet over the stove, the new camber latch for the dutch door, and give me some of the new "velcro dots" used in the newer models. He did each, plus installed the dots for me - all at no extra charge! They also included a "new owners pack" which included a sewer hose with attachments, a water hose, a water line pressure reducer, a 30 amp to 110 converter plug, and chemicals for the toilet.

The TM towed very nicely on the way home - no WDH needed as far as I can tell. The Durango has a pretty heavy duty rear suspension, so hardly any drop at all.
We won't be able to take it out till the end of the month, so I had to take it to storage.
I attached a photo, plus I'm working on my very own TM page and will add that URL to this thread when I get it ready.
We are really excited to get out and use our new trailer - we have waited a long time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1648r.JPG
Views:	586
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	2605  
Old 04-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
PopBeavers

I would like to see a photo of the bathroom cabinet on the wall please. Also the approximate dimensions would be helpful. I might want to do this.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
Al-n-Sue

No problem Wayne - next time I get it out (maybe this weekend) I'll take a couple of photos for you. I plan to post photos of all the mods that the previous owners did as well as anything I do. I just didn't have time when I had it home yesterday.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

That is a great looking TM! I look forward to seeing more pics. Enjoy that TM!!!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
mtnguy

Congrats on the purchase, Al & Sue !!!

It is good that your TM tows OK without the WDH, but it might be good to check out the numbers on your hitch. Trailmanor lists the 3124kb tongue weight as 448 lbs, and I believe that is before adding a battery and LP gas to the tanks. Once you add that, water, and "stuff" to the TM, you will probably be well over 500 lbs. The hitch on my truck is rated @ 9900 lbs. with a 990 lb. weight distributing tongue weight max..........but it is only rated @ 500 lbs tongue weight carrying capacity. If your Durango has similar stats, you might be over the max. tongue weight of your hitch, even though it is rated to pull a lot more.

Just a thought.

Chap
Old 04-03-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

At first my dh did not want a wdh....but then we did the measurements of how far the rear bumper went down and how high the front bumper went up compared to the measurements of the truck with out the TM attached. It was not a drastic change. The real clincher was when he remember how a new set of tires were cupped on a S10 Blazer many years ago by towing with no wdh. The tires on our Chevrolet Duramax diesel are MUCH more expensive so we bought one. Just food for thought.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:52 PM   #7
markandanne

Default Congrats!!!

That looks like a really nice unit and we're looking forward to pictures of all the modifications! Congrats to you both and enjoy!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 11:59 AM   #8
cmc211

Nice looking TM congrats!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #9
Bill & Lisa

Sue, understand you may "tow fine" now. The real clincher for me was considering what happended if I had a tire blow out. If the front end of your vehicle is under loaded due to the weight on the tongue will you be able to control the truck and trailer through the required emergency manuevers? With all the money you just spent on the rig and how expensive hospitals are these days, a couple hundred for a WDH seems like cheap insurance.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #10
Al-n-Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
I would like to see a photo of the bathroom cabinet on the wall please. Also the approximate dimensions would be helpful. I might want to do this.
Wayne - finally got out in our TM and took some more pictures. I forgot to measure the cabinet, but you can get an idea of the size of the medicine cabinet from the pictures. Look at this link for photos of all the upgrades that prevous owners have made. The cabinet almost looks like a TM option because it has bumpers on the back like the over sink cabinet, and has a clear plastic rim around the frame, also like the over sink cabinet. Hope this helps.
http://www.alancavin.com/PhotoAlbum/...ook/index.html
I'll post a review of our first trip out in another thread.