TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-28-2007, 07:56 AM   #1
vicnancy

Hi first season with my 2005 trailmanor I opened the valves under the trailer and the faucets inside what else is neede to winterize as i live in CT thanks by the way we loved it this summer
Old 09-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #2
becamping!

Default Owners Manual

I believe your owners manual gives all steps, you should disconnect the pump at both openings. We found that it was helpful to open the drains the last place you camp, so they can drain as you drive home. Then just open all faucets and disconnect the pump lines and ensure the toliet has fully drained. Note the the wise - put a reminder somewhere that you disconnected the pump lines, or when you hook it up to city water next year you will spill water inside. Not that I did that or anything
Old 09-29-2007, 06:26 PM   #3
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Be sure to drain the water heater, also. Perhaps one or more of the TM low point drains does this, but to be absolutely certain, remove the anode rod from the water heater (1-1/8" hex socket is required). Remove the anode rod and the water will drain completely. Store the anode rod or replace it with a new one if it has be used up, in the spring as you begin to prepare for your first trip. Remember, if your water heater is a dual heat (uses both electric and propane to heat the water), fill the WH with water before you plug the trailer into 110VAC or you will immediately fry the electric heating element.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Only step missing? Open the outdoor shower, unscrew the shower head from the hose, let the hose hang so it drains. Turn on the shower valves and leave them on. Shake the water out of the shower head, and store it inside the TM somewhere, so it will be ready for re-installation in the spring. As you remove the shower head, DON'T lose any of the little washers - there are a couple of them.

There have been a couple extensive threads on this topic - use the Search tool to find them.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

One more, this one happend to me last winter...

If you have a spray nozzle at the kitchen sink take the head off and drain the hose. The hose had water in it and kept water in the head so when it froze, it broke the head.

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote