TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-22-2007, 06:51 AM   #11
Bob&Karen

OK - regarding the battery drain issue... I'm really considering the solar panels on the next one. That "should" keep the battery charged in storage, correct? Also, some of the units I've been looking at go 'inactive' after a period of time and will activate upon movement of the trailer. Also have a 'geofence' setting that allows it to be set to call me if the camper moves outside that geofence area. Prices are running in the $400 - $500 range. Kinda pricey, but I'm beginning to think that may be our best option. I'm not sure I trust the wheel boots after reading some of the other threads, and the "good" ones are comparable in price to what I'm considering.

BTW - I've started a website for our wonderful Boston, Winston, who died unexpectedly a week before our camper was stolen. I will be trying to update it regularly. If you feel so inclined, there is a video I made posted there - just click on the video link & make sure your sound is on. Winston loved everybody and loved attention from anyone. The URL is:
http://home.comcast.net/~winstont

Keep the ideas coming,

Bob
Old 06-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #12
Goodyear Travels

So sorry to hear about Winston's passing. My wife and I had to let go of a 14 yr old GS named Cuno about a year ago. He was a dear friend and guardian of our family. Everytime the tears welled up in our eyes -- we'd light a candle beside his picture and ball -- to honor his life and to remember the joy that he brought to us. We went through a lot of candles. It appears that you have other Bostons who will attempt to fill the little hole in your hearts left by Winston. I'm glad that they're there for you.

And if I had to store our 2720sl -- I'd take the swing hitch home in my trunk. Our swing hitch is double pinned and can be easily removed. I think it weighs about 40 lbs or so. I'd also use heavy cable between the two, white-spoked wheels. I think that most would-be-theives would then look for an easier target. Make you new trailer even more perfect for your RVing needs than its predecessor. I've always believed that the greater the sorrow -- the greater the hidden gift. It just takes seeing eyes and a loving heart. I'm guessing that you have both.
Peace, Eric