TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Frame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-26-2006, 05:35 AM   #1
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Default Factory Lift Kit change for 2007?

Hi all,

We picked up our new 2007 TM2720SL last week and over the weekend I was checking it over again and I noticed that the 2-1/2" square tubing spacers for the lift kit was missing. I contacted the dealer, who contacted the factory and was informed that the factory changed the way they do the lift kit.

Here is his reply: "The factory no longer puts in steel spacers. Instead, they use a different axle which already has the extra lift built in. If your "ball height" is about 19", you already have the lift model.
The frame height and ball height is 17" or less with the standard model."

It looks like the ball height is 19", but has anybody else ever heard of this, or am I being fed a line?

Thanks, Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:48 AM   #2
masterge

I did here that they were doing all with the 2.5" lift. However, I was still charged for it? I do have the higher sitting 2720 and wanted it. I find it remarkable that they are doing 2007 changes on the fly. They really need to get their act together and either deliver what their web site or the dealer says they are going to get put up with the confusion and probably some legal action. They have options available listed on their site at option costs vice incl in std price (like the lift). They have options avail now, but not listed. They have standard items different than what is on site. Does everyone know that that the color schemes of Mesa and River are no longer available unless you specifically make that deal. Admiral Red and Admiral Tan are the new colors. So the River and Mesa schemes on the web site and in many dealer displays is not what you will get. Make sure you ask or e-mail for the pics. The Admiral Red is nice, but a little to brothelish.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:46 AM   #3
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Texas Camper,

I didn't talk to the factory yet. The quote is from the salesman/owner of the dealership I purchased the TM from.

If yours was 21 after the kit was installed it looks like I need to call the factory my self.

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:16 AM   #4
pbuck1

Let's be careful of reference points here. I just measured my 2001 2720SL (no lift kit) to be 22" at the top of the ball socket (and about the same at top of the chassis behind the ball socket) and about 20" at the bottom of the ball socket. However, despite the bubbles on the shells showing level (previous owner put these on), I measured the chassis 1.5" lower at the rear, so there's maybe an inch error at the front. Also I have a slight slope across the width of the driveway, so there could be more error there, too. Also, is the relationship between the chassis and the ball socket the same across all years and models, or between swing tongue and no swing tongue? My point is that these errors could add up and make things seem not what they are.

Probably best to use and compare the measurements ground to bottom of chassis near the wheel for minimum errors (and since gaining more of this ground clearance is the reason for the lift kit). The chassis outriggers just behind the wheels can be measured without getting down on your knees or crawling under the TM. Measure both sides with correct tire pressures.

Mine (no lift kit) is about 15.7" (average of right and left sides).

-Paul
Old 10-26-2006, 09:41 PM   #5
witchss

just a note we recently ordered our 2619. i called trailmanor and the only color that they are stopping is the river. you can still get the mesa, along with the tan, red, also a green its kinda a dark green.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:12 PM   #6
PopBeavers

We had to order our 2005 TM 2720 to get the blue color scheme. The brown color scheme was not at all acceptable to DW. If it wern't for the blue at the time I don't think we would have bought a TM.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #7
Hitheroadave

Back to the lift , I will pick up my new 2007, 3326 in a few weeks. I paid for the lift and was never told that it was standard. Now I will have 5" of lift, I can't believe the factory would add the extra 2 1/2 in. without notifing the dealer as to what changes they have did in production. I will check with my Dealer monday to see what is going on.

Dave
Old 10-28-2006, 08:00 PM   #8
masterge

Dave,

During my recent experience this seems routine. My dealer in Tucson did not know all the new options available on the 2007 models. Even talking to Sonja at TM, she was confused. My main contact was Adam Hunley at TM which is a contact the dealer turned me on to. Yes, I am quite surprised that this communication isn't better. You have the right to get what you ordered. Legally, if they don't deliver what you ordered, you do not have to complete the contract. I did get the lift whether itwas free or I was paying the 38 bucks. I would recommend the lift unless you can't get it into the garage. However, some folks might have garage clearance concerens, especially with the AirCo. As for the lift being standard, I still am not clear whether it is or is not. Here's another one. You now get a free radio with the 2007's.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #9
Hitheroadave

I talked to my Dealer and the lift is now standered for 2007. The factory saw that I ordered the lift and did not add it. The new lift is built into the axle. It all worked out ok.

Dave
Old 01-23-2007, 02:51 PM   #10
mac_falls

I ordered a 2720SL Sat., any body have an idea what my ball center height will be when the trailer is level? I did not see any options for a lift of any height for 2007 models.