TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #11
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

I checked my warranty that came with my TM, it says original consumer purchaser. I could scan it and e-mail it to you if you need it. The A\C warranty is transferable from owner to owner
Pam
Old 07-06-2006, 02:02 PM   #12
Killman

coulter,

Thanks for the info on the Springfield RV show. We are planning on heading down to Branson at least once more this year, so maybe we will just plan it over the RV show dates and check it out!

The main reason for going to the showroom would be to see exactly how they are made. I am very 'hands on' and anything that shows how something is made is very interesting to me. Plus it would help me learn how to do my own mods!! I also thought that the factory would have more of a choice in the number of models available to look at. I realize that the TM's mostly look the same on the inside, but that 1 or 2 foot difference in length makes a big difference in available floor space, and that is what I'm interested in!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:35 PM   #13
edweidig

Default Factory tour

I was just at the factory for a tour. All the posts are right. They only have certain models completed, but I saw a fairly good representation. I didn't go for the tour of the different models, I only wanted to see the construction side of the operation. My tour was fairly quick as I arrived shortly before lunch, but thorough non the less. Interesting indeed! Great bunch of people, and they were all happy to answer any questions. The people didn't seem to mind at all when we wanted to look at specific operations, even if they had to stop what they were doing at the time to give us room.

A point of information here. Maybe it should go in the modifications thread, but while we're in the factory - - they are putting a different kind of latch holding the two halves of the door together on the 2007's. It is far superior to the older models. I bought the parts to convert my 2006KS door to the 2007 configuration. I took some pics, but they didn't come out very clear. Enough for me to get mine modified, but not sure about posting here. I'll try to get some clearer shots as soon as I'm finished with the job.

The system is so new they didn't even have the prices for the parts. They gave me the parts and will bill me when they get the prices sorted out. That's the kind of service TM is noted for.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #14
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Ed -

I've got to agree, that's the kind of people they are.

Busy people on the production floor are asked a question? They'll stop and answer you.

The engineers who are busy designing and checking things are asked a questionn? They'll stop what they are doing, and make sure they answer your question.

The front office people, like Ed Lytle, are busy on the phone with a dealer or a supplier? They'll find a way to stop and answer your question as soon as possible!

You want to look at a particular model? Someone will find out if they have one, and walk you through it and answer your questions for as long as you need.

The company has empowered its employees to do this. Most companies don't. I know I sound like a paid torch-bearer, but I'm not (paid, that is). I've just never met people like this, and I've gotta admit I love it. I have a mental picture of Mr. Hulsey holding an all-hands meeting every Monday morning, and repeating the mantra "Serve our customers first!" at every meeting.

Now, imagine what this means later, when you have a problem that requires factory attention!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:04 AM   #15
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

We were at the factory in the fall of 2002 to have a rear rock guard and the "missing" window added on the rear, street-side of our 2619. It was a very pleasant experience and we even met the legendary Jimmy Davis (Ed Lytle's predecessor) who died shortly after of cancer.

The point I'd like to make is that most of the spec production likely occurs during the off-season and anything coming down the line this time of year is probably already committed to dealers for stock or special orders. The likelyhood of picking from stock is not great but they may tell you where units are going so you can contact the dealer. That kind of service would really stretch their "customer service" principals however. It may also weaken your bargaining position with the dealer. Just my $0.02
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:44 PM   #16
MidwestDave

Thumbs up Factory info

We had ordered a new model 2720 this spring. We were told there was a 6 to 8 week wait for our dealer after ordering. I think we lucked out and only waited 6 weeks. We have had it out camping several times and love it!
We have had lots of people stop amd want to see it too!

Midwest Dave