TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2006, 07:29 AM   #11
robertsc

Doug, thanks for your comments. There are no Hi-Lo's within 250 miles of my home. Your comment about fabric walls would be a "no-no" for me. Also have calculated a hypothetical load relationship TV to trailer and sense that I would be at a very high % correlation with the Hi-Lo 28 and reasonable acceptance with 25c and 27t. Anyway my "gut" says go the TM route . I have an 05 tahoe 4x4 with GCWR of 13000#. Given this and GM's suggestion to trail no more than 7500#'s, I'm still of the belief to factor this down by 20% for effective/safe towing conditions.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:53 AM   #12
robertsc

Thanks for your comments. Interesting you mention your husbands legs since I'm 6'4" with long legs so I appreciate the insight about the Hi-Lo tight quarters. Would like to have a dealer in this area that would be responsive to a 3 hour type "try-out".. The two I visited were less than "good". Sent a note to TM asking them whether these folks were interested in selling your franchise or just standing around... No response from TM. The one dealership did tell me that TM much stronger in market appeal in the SE and West than the East. Maybe this explains why the salesmen were less than aggressive and limited in understanding of the product. Will keep looking and make decision in a few months. Thanks again.