TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2006, 09:43 AM   #11
pbuck1

Bill,
Sorry about the links and glad you found the info anyway. I've since read that 4-20mA loop-powered circuits are an instrumentation standard. Equipment for the monitor/alarm side should also therefore be available, but these seem to be custom to the measurement parameter itself, built for multiple inputs, of backplane/card construction for rack mount and probably expensive, etc.

The detector itself has a display will indicate a deficient O2 range (<19%) which is good, but no numbers and no alarm if you are interested in those. So , a Radio Shack project? What are your thoughts.

Look forward to hearing if you get one of these.

Paul
Old 04-02-2006, 10:08 AM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Oxygen sensor on eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
I have sent a question to the eBay seller regarding the units he is selling - I will report back.
This particular oxygen monitor is shipped from the manufacturer in two pieces - the sensor head, and the sensor itself. The instructions say not to assemble the two until installation is complete. I don't know why - perhaps the sensor has a limited lifetime. Since the eBay seller describes his units as NEW, but NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE, I emailed to ask him if he was shipping two pieces or just one. He told me on Tuesday that he was out of town until Thursday, and would check then and get back to me. It is now Sunday, and I have not received a reply from him. This being the case, I have to assume that his units are NOT new, but were removed from service, and have already been assembled. Once again, I don't know how much this matters, but it raises a big BEWARE flag in front of me. I was willing to buy one just to check it out ... but perhaps not, now that I see how the seller operates. I also note that his original auction has expired, and has now been re-listed.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote