TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-04-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
Carol Hagy

Default How do you keep curtains clean?

Hi, I'm a very new owner of a 2619 TM and I want to know what you do when it has rained and you're closing up the TM. I've noticed that the curtains press against the one outside wall of the TM when closed. If it has rained I would think you would need to wipe down the one side as best as possible to keep the curtains from getting yukie. Am I crazy? Also wanted to know if the front bed is suppose to have a privacy curtain?

Carol
Old 01-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #2
Carole

Default Curtains

Yes, Carol. the front of our 2619 does have a privacy curtain. I have not tried to clean our curtains as yet, maybe some one else will respond to that part of your question.

Carole
2619 TM 2004
Nissan Titan
Old 01-04-2006, 03:38 PM   #3
AstroBruce

Carol,

The front curtains come from the factory stowed in the front overhead cabinets. Try looking there.

Bruce
Old 01-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #4
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Cleaning Curtains

I bought a product at WalMart called Tuff Stuff. It's a multi-purpose cleaner. It's found back in the automotive section. It's great for upholstery and rugs. I just close the curtains, and then spray on the foam. I let it sit a while before I take a scrub brush to any soiled spots. I also go over the entire curtain using the scrub brush. Once the curtain has dried, I take a vacuum cleaner & then vacumm them down.

Great stuff. I highly recommend the product. I use it all the time to clean the curtains. Easy to use, and you don't have to worry about the curtains shrinking. If you decided to take the curtains down and wash them the traditional way, I am sure your curtains would shrink. I am sure you wouldn't want this to happen.

Once you have tried the product, I am sure you will agree with me at how easy it is to use.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:02 PM   #5
Carol Hagy

Thanks for the info and suggestions.

Carol
Old 06-13-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
smookie

We own a 2720SL and this is our third TM since 1992. I had no problem laundering the curtains every spring using cold water and air drying them. You can even re-hang them when they are damp and more stretchy. I am allergic to dust and many chemicals so I would rather use Tide and water to clean my curtains than spray-on stuff. Have fun in your TM!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:20 AM   #7
Carol Hagy

Thanks Smookie for the info. I'll probably take down and wash to give them a real cleaning and fresh smell. I was reading about your problem with slide and leak coming in thru sky light molding. Glad to hear you got the slide fixed and will be leak free soon. Enjoy your travels up the coast.
Carol
Old 08-22-2007, 06:44 PM   #8
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_STRONG View Post
I bought a product at WalMart called Tuff Stuff. It's a multi-purpose cleaner. It's found back in the automotive section. It's great for upholstery and rugs. I just close the curtains, and then spray on the foam. I let it sit a while before I take a scrub brush to any soiled spots. I also go over the entire curtain using the scrub brush. Once the curtain has dried, I take a vacuum cleaner & then vacumm them down.

Great stuff. I highly recommend the product. I use it all the time to clean the curtains. Easy to use, and you don't have to worry about the curtains shrinking. If you decided to take the curtains down and wash them the traditional way, I am sure your curtains would shrink. I am sure you wouldn't want this to happen.

Once you have tried the product, I am sure you will agree with me at how easy it is to use.
I tried this product on Saturday...on 4 or 5 black marks I had on my beige curtains....I admit...I was skeptical....when it dried the marks were no longer on the curtains. Since I had almost a whole can of it left I detailed the interior of my pickup....the 3 and 1/2 year old seats look new...(a were a lot dirtier then I realized....I also used it on the carpet in the pickup. I plan to buy some more!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:46 PM   #9
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I do plan to use Scotch Guard on the curtains.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #10
all4camping

Hi Countrygirl! I too am looking to clean my curtains. I spoke with a drycleaner that advised me to only dryclean one panel to check for shrinkage. She said she had cleaned a set of similar items for a boat owner and they had all come out short. Sure enough, the one panel did shrink. However, I'm going to try to wash them myself and then re-hang them while still damp and see how that goes. When dry, I'll Scotchguard them and see how it all turns out.

Dona Jo
TM '06 2619
TV '03 Explorer Sport,v6,2wd,:corkysm60
all4camping is offline   Reply With Quote