TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Screen door GOOB sale

Many of you are aware that for several years, I have made available a screen door kit for Trail Manors. I developed it for my own use, and decided to offer it as a nice addition for Trail Manor owners. It wasn’t intended to be a money-maker for me, and it has certainly met that expectation.

It is time to close out the screen door project. I have kept the original price, even as my suppliers have increased their cost to me substantially, and the Post Office has nearly doubled the shipping cost. I don’t want to increase my price to cover those costs.

At the moment, I have a few kits in inventory, ready to ship. But once they are gone, I don’t plan to make any more. I realize that it is winter in most of the country, not exactly screen door weather. So, to encourage anyone who might like one, I am running a 20% off GOOB sale. Until my stock runs out, I will send you a kit for $100 including free Priority shipping to your US address. Canada slightly higher - sorry, Larry.

If you care to read more about it, there have been three threads with a lot of information and reviews. These are:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=14234 and
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=16106 and
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=17967

As always, buying a kit is a two-step process. First, let me know of your interest by sending an email to [email protected], with the word INFO in the title. I will promptly return further information about the kit, to be sure we are on the same page. Sorry I don’t have a web site to lay it all out. Once you have viewed the information and made a decision, send a second email to the same address, including the word ORDER in the title.

Christmas is coming! Even if camping season is over in your part of the country, a kit would be a wonderful gift to yourself or any other TM owner. By the way, the weather here in the sunny southwest is wonderful - sunny blue skies, 75 degrees, gentle breezes, beautiful sunsets. C’mon down!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:26 PM   #2
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
shipping to your US address. Canada slightly higher - sorry, Larry.
Bill
Then lucky for me I have a US shipping address! I'll be sending in an order. ( We had our ultimate test for my family and camping for 3 weeks. The TM's a keeper.)

Do you accept CDN funds at par?

Thought not.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:33 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Default Well, that was quick!

My remaining stock cleared out in about 24 hours. I should do this more often!

I held back my last kit, in case the Post Office messes up. It doesn't happen often, but it has happened, and I want to be in a position to help the buyer.

My thanks to all for your enthusiasm.

Bill
Old 11-20-2018, 03:20 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Default OK, folks. Now what?

I was quite serious about ending the screen door project. I closed the project because orders have been slow, especially at this time of year. I had a lot of cash tied up in my inventory of kits, and I needed to sell them. Beyond that, my suppliers, including the Post Office, have all raised their prices quite a bit, which would make it hard to continue. So it seemed like a good time to get out. And the GOOB sale was the way to do it.

But since the GOOB sale ended, I have received a number of orders from people who had asked for INFO earlier, but waited too long to make the decision. So now I am out of kits, I have no parts or materials on hand to build more - and at least a few people have said that they want one. To avoid getting financially ahead of myself again, I'm thinking that if 6 people choose to make firm commitments, it would put me in a position to order a new round of parts, and build and ship kits again. Otherwise, the project will stay closed.

If the project continues, I would maintain the regular price including free shipping. I wouldn’t ask anyone to send money until I know it is going to happen. And I would confirm each commitment before shipping. If it happens soon, I might be able to ship before Christmas - but no guarantees. Otherwise, it would happen whenever it happens.

Does this make sense to anyone? Let me hear from you. And if you want to participate, send an email to [email protected] with the word COMMIT in the title. Include your real name and your Forum name, please.

Comments welcome.

Bill
Old 10-15-2019, 06:22 AM   #5
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

Hi bill, I'm really interested in getting a screen door kit from you but it looks like you are out of making them until you get some real commitments from enough TM owners so that it is financially viable for you to go back to making them. Right now nobody makes anything like you had available for the TM at a very reasonable cost and I would certainly like to get my hands on a kit. So TM owners if you are interested in Screendoor kit lets give Bill some solid commitments so that we can get him back to making them for the TM community.

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:12 PM   #6
FoosShark
Site Sponsor

I will commit to getting one.
FoosShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:09 AM   #7
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

To commit you have to send a email to Bill. Quote "send an email to [email protected] with the word COMMIT in the title. Include your real name and your Forum name, please." That way Bill can tally as to how many commitments he gets to make it feasible for him to order supplies,

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Old 10-22-2019, 05:01 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

OK, at the moment, I have five commitments. As I promised at the beginning of this thread, I will send confirmation emails to those five individuals within 24 hours. If you made a commitment, but don't get a confirmation email, let me know.

That means I still have one kit available at the current price. First come first served - just send the "Commit" email to [email protected]. After this last kit is gone, there will be a small price increase on any future kits - I'm thinking $10-$15.

If you are interested in a screen door kit, but you don't know what the word "kit" entails, PLEASE read the entire thread, and then send an "Info" email to [email protected]. I will reply immediately with the information.

It is definitely screen door time here in the sunny southwest. In other parts of the country, it may be more appropriate to think in term of a holiday gift.

Bill
Old 10-23-2019, 06:24 AM   #9
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

Thanks Bill for the update. Looking forward to receiving the kit. When you have it ready to go let me know and we will arrange payment to you.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:36 AM   #10
Marklee

Thumbs up Great news!

Thanks, Bill! Great news! We're looking forward to getting our kit.

Diana and Doug
Tacoma 4 X 4
Marklee is offline   Reply With Quote