TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2017, 08:49 PM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Screen door for your Trail Manor

MARCH 2017

Spring is almost here! Across the country, TM owners are getting their trailers ready for this year’s adventures. Most of us have some preparation to do, and one of the best steps is to equip your Trail Manor with a screen door. As you can imagine, more light inside, more ventilation, a better view, and no bugs, will make a wonderful camping experience even better!

Many of you know that I developed a screen door kit specifically for Trail Manor trailers. The door is sturdy, and can be attached or removed in seconds without tools - no curtains, strips, magnets, clamps, or velcro. TM owners have enjoyed their doors since they became available several years ago. You can read more about them, and view a quick stop-motion video, in these threads. Settle back, read, and enjoy.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=14234
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=16106

Currently, I have a few screen door kits packed and ready to ship. Early orders get first service, of course. Then, as in previous years, I will shut down the workshop for most of May as my wife and I (and our TM!) make our way from Arizona to our summer hangout on the coast of Maine. It is a leisurely trip for us, as we stop to see friends and family, and explore some of the beautiful places in America. Where will we go this year? We’re still working that out, and getting anxious to get on the road.

For more info, drop me an email at [email protected]. Please include the word INFO in the subject line for general inquiries, and the word ORDER in the subject line to order your door. Please include your forum name in either query - it helps me with my bookkeeping.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Screen door kits are being shipped. As a reminder, the workshop will be closed during May as my wife and I, with our TM'ing pup (in the picture), move our TM to our summer hangout in Maine. I would prefer to send out kits before we leave (when things get confused), rather than carry them across country, so if you are thinking of ordering one, sooner is better.

As always, drop me a note at [email protected] with the word INFO in the subject line. I will email you information including cost and shipping time. Or use the word ORDER in the subject line for quick shipping.

For those who have not had time to look up the stop-motion video of the screen door, I have re-attached it here. Drop me a line if you have trouble viewing it.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen gif annotated.gif
Views:	290
Size:	5.07 MB
ID:	14801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Li'l Penny.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	728.7 KB
ID:	14802  
Old 03-12-2017, 11:45 AM   #3
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Bill, what's yer pups name?
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

She is Penny - and macho guys are not required to look at her picture!

Bill
Old 03-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #5
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
She is Penny - and macho guys are not required to look at her picture!

Bill
Since I'm not macho, nor a guy, that means I CAN look at her and say...."oooh how cute!"

Give us some details please.... Type, age, weight, temperament. Non shed? Looks like a poodle mix.

My next dog will definitely be smaller than Bailey who is about 59#.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #6
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

She is adorable, and who cares about the macho thing. As long as she loves you and you love her...life is good. Happy trails to you, the missus and Penny.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Thanks for the nice thoughts. She is a cockapoo, about 22 pounds. She does not shed - an important thing since my wife is allergic to dog fur. She is a great traveler, riding in the car for hours, and she can't wait to get into the TM. She has a beautiful temperament - never barks or yaps like many small dogs, loves people, cats, dogs her own size, and especially KIDS! (Unfortunately, she also thinks coyotes are her friends.) She is very well-trained, and is certified to go into hospitals and nursing homes, bringing a smile to the faces of kids who see her coming.

Sara, I think you have a special affinity for dogs, so I will send you a longer writeup by PM.

Bill
Old 03-17-2017, 09:06 AM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Recently, a number of folks have asked "what is the price?" Current pricing will always include free Priority Mail shipping to your door in the US. Please inquire for further information about the kit - and take a few minutes to read through the two threads shown in Post#1 above.

Thanks

Bill
Old 04-14-2017, 04:02 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Default Reminder - screen door worksop will close soon

Just a quick reminder. In about a week, I will close the screen door production facility for several weeks. I expect to be accepting orders again about May 20 or 25. But if you are thinking of ordering a door in time for spring or early-summer camping, now is probably the time.

Why am I closing? As many of you know, this is the time when my wife and I leave our home in Arizona, and TM-camp across the country to our digs in Maine. We try to take a different route each time, see sights, and stop and visit various friends and family. The straight-through distance to Maine is 2700 miles, but we don't do "straight through". We take our time, vary our route, and we get there when we get there. So the screen door workshop will open then. 'Nuff said.

This year's trip will be especially interesting. We are going to visit some friends in Indiana. While we are there, we will rent a truck, and load it with a dis-assembled 700-pound long-arm quilting machine. (If you don't quilt, ask someone who does. It is a beast.) We'll drive both vehicles to Maine, unload the machine, lug the pieces into the house, and re-assemble it. So as I say, the screen door workshop may not open on our usual schedule.

So I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy spring and a gorgeous summer. And happy TMing!

Bill
Old 09-27-2017, 04:18 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

SEPT 2017

The workshop has been humming all summer, but, now, in most parts of the country, the camping season is coming to an end. The weather is cooler, but is still just right for a few last minute tasks. As you prepare your TM for the winter, wouldn’t it be a great time to add a screen door, to be ready for spring camping? My TM screen door kit has been keeping campers cool, well-ventilated, and bug-free for more than three years, and one is ready for you!

Just send an email to [email protected] . Include the word INFO in the title for more information including a stop-motion video of the door in action. Or include the word ORDER in the title for immediate shipment. As always, Priority shipping is free to your US address.

Bill