TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #1
funpilot
 
funpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 496
Default Looks like I am finally about to place my order

Been away for a while but am now about to try to buy a 2015 3124 Silver Trail with the leatherette option. I am still debating over the sofa or dinette option. I am looking to provide additional sleep options for someone under 6 feet tall, so wondering for sleeping if there is any real difference between these two?

Also curious about how you all manage the storage issues as obviously these trailers cannot store as much as others do, so what tricks do you use to manage storage, or is the space under the king bed more than adequate for storage I cannot see in pics?

Finally, are there any new options that have appeared that you would advise me to consider? I had heard they were going to offer up to 200 watt solar. Also, saw a used Trailmanor where the owner said he had Trailmanor install a larger grey water tank. Is that a good idea?
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
hillbillyhotel
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: EAST TENNESSEE
Posts: 699
Default

hello funpilot
I would go with the solar for sure, that is nice to have. I myself have never had a problem with gray tank, I would do a upgrade on fresh water tank if you can. also is heat strip on ac an option?
another good one is the outside propane hook up.
for what it is worth,
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
cbossc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We were at the Hershey RV show this past weekend. Saw a Silver 3124KS.
The leatherette is awesome! Cath & I like the KD the best. Think about watching television from one couch versus two small couches. The KD couches when folded down can make another bed (probably a double).
We think storage is not an issue. The space under the king bed is divided into two sections. Half is accessible from inside and the other half from outside. Also, if you have a decent size TV (pick-up or SUV) you can haul stuff in bins. The 3124 will take 1500 lb of stuff easily. We plan on ordering every cabinet available.
As far as options; after talking to the factory reps and salesman we will order every cabinet we can. We will also order an additional fan in the bedroom. This will enable us to have a "cross-draft" from the main area to the bedroom. I think this will help with condensation and cooling/heating. The leatherette is a "no-brainer", it is fabulous. Also, the radio (to include speakers) and television wiring (coax and outlets) will come with the unit regardless if you order the options. That way you can put in your own radio and television systems.
Not sure about the gray-water tank option, but we will be getting the cassette toilet for sure.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
cbossc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We will be getting a portable solar system. It is less expensive than the factory install and allows us to move it around to get the most sun. Check out the portable systems available on line.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #5
funpilot
 
funpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbossc View Post
We were at the Hershey RV show this past weekend. Saw a Silver 3124KS.
The leatherette is awesome! Cath & I like the KD the best. Think about watching television from one couch versus two small couches. The KD couches when folded down can make another bed (probably a double).
We think storage is not an issue. The space under the king bed is divided into two sections. Half is accessible from inside and the other half from outside. Also, if you have a decent size TV (pick-up or SUV) you can haul stuff in bins. The 3124 will take 1500 lb of stuff easily. We plan on ordering every cabinet available.
As far as options; after talking to the factory reps and salesman we will order every cabinet we can. We will also order an additional fan in the bedroom. This will enable us to have a "cross-draft" from the main area to the bedroom. I think this will help with condensation and cooling/heating. The leatherette is a "no-brainer", it is fabulous. Also, the radio (to include speakers) and television wiring (coax and outlets) will come with the unit regardless if you order the options. That way you can put in your own radio and television systems.
Not sure about the gray-water tank option, but we will be getting the cassette toilet for sure.
How does that additional fan not get in the way since it gets covered when it is closed up? I like that idea !! We will be taking with us an Alaskan Malamute. Does the extra space that the dinette takes significantly reduce space for the dog over the sofa option? I will definitely be getting the cassette option. When are you planning to order yours?
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #6
funpilot
 
funpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyhotel View Post
hello funpilot
I would go with the solar for sure, that is nice to have. I myself have never had a problem with gray tank, I would do a upgrade on fresh water tank if you can. also is heat strip on ac an option?
another good one is the outside propane hook up.
for what it is worth,
So, the A/C does not come standard with the heat strip? Will ask about that so thanks for the heads up. Do you know if anyone has upgraded the fresh water tank, and if so, how large was it?
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
cbossc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funpilot View Post
How does that additional fan not get in the way since it gets covered when it is closed up? I like that idea !! We will be taking with us an Alaskan Malamute. Does the extra space that the dinette takes significantly reduce space for the dog over the sofa option?
The factory guys said that an extra fan can be in the bed area (way back). You have a Malamute, we have a Visla..lol.

Not sure what you mean about the sofa option. Check out the floor plans on the TM website. BTW: the new slide-outs are all electric.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #8
Padgett
 
Padgett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,793
Default

If the fan/skylight is behind the overlap there is no problem.

I have the 2720SL/QS and there is a lot of space in the aisle and on the slide/sofa for "stuff", just a matter of putting away during setup & while camped the bins can go under the coach.

Only annoyance is that you must "pop the top" (or at least the front module) to get at anything inside.
Attached Thumbnails
rear.jpg  
__________________
Looking for a SD with a King bed.
Padgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:33 PM   #9
cbossc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funpilot View Post
So, the A/C does not come standard with the heat strip? Will ask about that so thanks for the heads up. Do you know if anyone has upgraded the fresh water tank, and if so, how large was it?
On the 2015 models the heat strip is standard
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #10
funpilot
 
funpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
If the fan/skylight is behind the overlap there is no problem.

I have the 2720SL/QS and there is a lot of space in the aisle and on the slide/sofa for "stuff", just a matter of putting away during setup & while camped the bins can go under the coach.

Only annoyance is that you must "pop the top" (or at least the front module) to get at anything inside.
Thanks for the info on the fan. I am getting much more comfortable now.
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tent camper finally gets a comfy place to sleep. BGR123 General TrailManor Topics 46 10-02-2014 09:36 PM
I am a bit slow, but finally figured out how to drive the mountains Tampajohn General TrailManor Topics 7 03-15-2014 09:57 PM
Finally took the plunge Kentwesley Prospective Owner Questions 7 01-23-2008 05:43 PM
A Quiet Place hpycamper TrailManor Pictures 0 10-25-2005 05:12 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2021 Trailmanor Owners Page.