TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

Default Rear Shell Safety Switch

I set up our 2014 2922KD today to do a little maintenance and was surprised to hear the propane/CO2 detector flashing between green and red and beeping once a minute. The manual states that this occurs when the battery is low (mine is not, solar charges it and it reads full on the display) or a fault.
After much head scratching I finally started to put the trailer down and noticed the beeping stopped as soon as I pushed the bed in. Hmmmm? So I pulled the bed out and by half crawling over the closet and counter realize the safety switch is right next to the curb side bed latch.(See attached photo) I have been wondering where they had placed the switch. At any rate, when the latch is engaged, the "fault" is apparently corrected and the beeping stops.
Perhaps the larger question: Why would you place that in the most inaccessible place in the trailer? Impossible to reach with closet down and very difficult to reach with closet up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailmanor Latch & Switch.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	10418  
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #2
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

As a post script: I did open the trailer again and found that if you slide the closet just far enough on to the counter to stay, you can reach the latch and engage it. Much easier than trying to fit your hand behind the closet when it is all the way set up.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
rumbleweed

Not sure about your specific model, but in most TM models that switch is not something you manually operate. It is turned on when the TM is full set up ( via bathroom walls) and turned off when the TM is closed. The purpose is to prevent the lights in the rear half from being left on when closed and causing heat damage or a fire. When the CO/Propane detector is first turned on, it can beep ans flash as it goes through its initialization. Other than to test the operation of the switch without setting up walls, I can see no reason t manually operate it.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

On the new models, it's not the bathroom wall being upright that activates the switch. When the bed is pulled completely out the metal plate(see photo) pushes against the plate to activate the switch. The latch makes sure that bed movement doesn't break contact. I have no idea why they went to the new system.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #5
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

The new system could be the result of some of us not setting up the bathroom, except overnight. We keep ours closed during the day, so the trailer appears more roomy.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote