TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #41
moaboy

As I've said before, half the fun of camping is crawling over somebody...although I do understand that the "crawlee" may not be having as much fun as the "crawler." Sorry for the digression.
Anyway, my 2720 with the AC and awning etc fits fine in a standard height door, close but works.
Sounds like a road trip is in order- with a tape measure....
Good luck.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #42
pschwaibold

I chose the 2417 KS Sport with my HOA. It has a lot of features in a compact RV. If you are looking for a bigger model, I suggest getting a swing hitch. It takes about 2 feet off of the length. If you talk to other owner’s that store their TrailManor in the garage, they use a pair of Hydraulic Car Wheel Dolly Jacks. I have a side load garage and back the RV in the middle. Jack up both ends and use the hitch wheel and disconnect and push the RV where I want it and then lower both the hydraulic jacks for storage. With the 2417 KS Sport, I can do this myself. Just make sure you have space on the wall side when lowering and chocking the tires. It makes room for the other vehicle and walking space. I use plastic storage bins underneath the RV.

I did not get the HDTV antenna. My 2417 came wired cable ready with the connection on the right hand of the stove.

I did not get the factory radio. My speakers were installed in the cabinets above the couch and is wired to the sink area including 12v power. Also, the radio antenna is pre-wired. I installed myself an AM/FM/DVD player myself. Took a 15 foot DVD player cable and ran it from the sink under the trailer, using zip ties and had access to the back of the refrigerator. Holes in the floor are already there for other wiring. I took out the old RF plate any I picked up a duel plate (Coax/HDMI). It works great. Just make sure the plastic underneath the stove is re-sealed

I did get the bike receiver in the back. What do you want to know?

As for a price list, they have the base unit on the TrailManor site.

The options I got were:

Awning. Outstanding quality/value.

Dual LP Gas. It is always good to have a back-up and it is easy to switch use of the tanks.

Roof AC is a must. Low profile has room to spare for a normal garage height. I asked before I bought it and measured it when I picked up the rig.

Wet bath is a must for using the restroom during the night. I took a shower, but I enjoyed using the RV grounds better (cleaning). Hot water was not a problem with back to back showers.

Outdoor shower, great for cleaning up stuff outside using hot water.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:44 AM   #43
ArkyDoodle

We too have a 2417 Sport with no factory radio. I'd be interested in seeing some pics of what you did to install yours.......THX!

TM - 2014 2417KS SilverTrail --- SOLD
Purple Line Enduro Caravan Movers
ArkyDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #44
Padgett
TrailManor Master

If going to add a radio, look for one with at least an AUX jack and I prefer bluetooth also.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #45
moaboy

An easier way to move a TM in your garage is with PurpleLine Caravan movers. Precise control, makes leveling and hitching up easier as well.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #46
pschwaibold

I installed a Jensen AWM975 Radio/DVD player. I added some reinforcement to the sink cabinet structure (inside) to support the weight using glue and some brads to hold the additional framing. I used some small zip ties to get the wiring under control (organized) before I installed it. It took about an hour to install. Blue tape, drill, and jig saw. I ran the DVD HDMI cable 15' under the rig using sip ties. Make sure that it is good quality. There were holes already in place, so no drilling was required. I removed the antenna cover receptical with amplifier by the stove and replaced it with a HDMI/Coax cover. Coax reconnected to the coax and the HDMI cable plugged into the back of the cover. I will send more pictures when I get the rig out of the garage. I also installed 2 more speakers. One by the bed and the other under the sink by the door. If you do this, just be aware of the placement of the speaker when the TM is in the folded down position by the door (Folded in position).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140801_155058.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	10725   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140801_155105.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	4.03 MB
ID:	10726  

Tags
2417 sports