TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2003, 07:35 AM   #11
Windbreaker

Default Re:What membership gets you

Vortex, could I suggest you go ahead and take the free month. That will give Chris time to get you in as a full member. Chris does this for us. He no longer has a TM and therefore has only this BBS as his connection, it is a labor of love for him, something he does just for fun and he too has a life to live. Sometimes it takes a little time.

so. . . you should take the free month and enjoy.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:16 AM   #12
vortex

Hi Windbreaker,

The point I've tried to (hopefully, constructively) convey is that, regardless of how long it takes, an estimated processing time and related information needs to go into a comprehensive introductory FAQ or auto-email to prospective and/or new members.

BTW, if CT is no long a TM owner and this is a P/T effort for him then has anyone considered asking TrailManor to host the forum to relieve him of the burden -- or, did they already reject the idea. This should be part of TM's user support.

Since I believe most of the answers I'm looking for are in the MT&T section, it'll be a stretch to "enjoy" the trial period; however, I'll definately "chill out (as my teenagers say)". Thanks.

Vortex
Old 10-20-2003, 08:41 AM   #13
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

[quote author=vortex link=board=24;threadid=1419;start=msg10250#msg1025 0 date=1066659394]
The point I've tried to (hopefully, constructively) convey is that, regardless of how long it takes, an estimated processing time and related information needs to go into a comprehensive introductory FAQ or auto-email to prospective and/or new members.[/quote]
One way to get the above done is for you to become a site sponsor and help to provide the needed services.
Quote:
BTW, if CT is no long a TM owner and this is a P/T effort for him then has anyone considered asking TrailManor to host the forum to relieve him of the burden -- or, did they already reject the idea. This should be part of TM's user support.
This is not a TrailManor supported site and will not be a TrailManor supported site! We do not wish to have vendors of any type sponsoring this board so that we can enjoy a free exchange of information. We, the TM owners, are the site sponsors. The $12 membership fee is used to pay for site maintenance and improvement. No advertising!
Quote:
Since I believe most of the answers I'm looking for are in the MT&T section, it'll be a stretch to "enjoy" the trial period; however, I'll definately "chill out (as my teenagers say)".
There is more information here about TrailManors and other related subjects than you will find anywhere else on the net. Come join us and help improve the the board, the services and your TrailManor.
MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 10:28 AM   #14
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Would someone please ...Tell em about them!!!... for me -- I paid up but I'm still a trial member and I have no idea where to go to access the Maintenance section. I offered to waive the free month of membership to get to the membership level required to access the MT&T section; however, no answer (from Tina).
Am I missing something here? Who is Tina? What is MT&T? And I'm not sure I was aware of any free month. My first reaction was that this message was inadvertently posted to the wrong forum, but maybe not.

At any rate, Chris is VERY responsive. If you gotten your $12 to him, you will be fully Admitted to the Mysteries very soon.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 08:25 PM   #15
vortex

"Am I missing something here?" -- you be the judge of that -- meet Tina and the free month below. MT&T=Maint., Tricks & Tips. I never mentioned "Chris". Navagating any software (such as this Fourm) should be clear and simple -- not a Mystery that one humbly awaits as a revelation from from on high.

Vortex

You have successfully signed up for a subscription to TrailManor Owners
Page Sponsorship using PayPal.

Your first subscription payment, for $0.00, has already been sent to Tina
Tretta.
------------------------------
Subscription Details
Date of sign up: Oct. 8, 2003
Subscription Name: TrailManor Owners Page Sponsorship
Item Number: 001
Subscription Terms: Free for first month
Then $12.00 for 1 year
At the end of your introductory period stated above, you will be charged a
single payment based on the terms unless you cancel prior to the end of the
introductory period.

If you have any questions or concerns about this subscription, please
contact Tina Tretta.
Contact Information
Name: Tina Tretta
Email: [email protected]
Old 10-20-2003, 08:55 PM   #16
Chris
Site Team

The way it works is that at least once a day I run queries that change each person who signs up into Trial Members. That is what you stay for 30 days or if you decide you want to join, that you make payment. After 30 days, you get converted to a registered guest. For some folks, that's all they want. For others, they want to become sponsors.

Now for the item you list, that's through paypal. I thought it would work easier than it has, so I'll make the changes. It doesn't work very well to have the trial period done through them.

I am working on further automation to get this all addressed, and should have it done soon. I'm learning a bunch about MySQL and PHP.

I continue to run the board because I believe in this product...Still to this day. I was going to transfer the board to someone else as the costs got out of control. Instead, we decided to keep it alive and turn it to a pay site. Since doing that, our membership has gone up dramatically. The 300+ members we list are all actively logged into the board. Every month I go through it and ensure that anyone who hasn't posted in more than 180 days is deleted.

As for TrailManor's participation, we know that they come and read, and some may even post every now and then, but we decided as a group, and as a partnership between the board and TM that it was best that we stayed separated. That keeps our opinions open and honest, and keeps the information that they read true as well.

I would have it no other way.
Thanks
Ct..
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 08:06 AM   #17
sheepdogs

Do sponsers get deleted if they don.t post every 180 days?
Old 10-21-2003, 11:55 AM   #18
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Vortex wrote
Quote:
Navagating any software (such as this Fourm) should be clear and simple -- not a Mystery that one humbly awaits as a revelation from from on high.
Vortex -

My apologies, I was unaware of Tina's presence, helping Chris out. However, I will suggest that your attitude needs a tweak if you are going to be happy on this forum. Chris does this for free, as a labor of love and a service to us. The (extremely modest) fee goes to pay the net-related expenses - which Chris himself absorbed for more than a year. If you don't like the way it is done, you can either a) go away, or b) volunteer to help make it better.

Having said that, welcome aboard. I hope you choose to be a contributing member of the forum. If not, I will be glad to personally refund your $12, and Chris can de-enroll you.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:03 PM   #19
Chris
Site Team

[quote author=sheepdogs link=board=24;threadid=1419;start=msg10282#msg1028 2 date=1066745161]
Do sponsers get deleted if they don.t post every 180 days?
[/quote]

Nope...Sponsors don't ever get deleted.
Ct..
Old 10-21-2003, 07:06 PM   #20
Chris
Site Team

So the way that Paypal works, one account is associated with the bank account. That email account is my wife's. Sending to [email protected] gets it to the main checking account.

For the record, there is a money back guarantee for here, but so far we're all just too dang happy to take advantage of it. If you ever want to opt out, all I ask is why, and I'll let you go from there.

We have no hostages here...Keep moving.

Ct..