TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #11
Redhawk

A lot of really good info, but I have to say it's a bit biased towards the pop up version and everyones experience will vary.

- I pay $25 a month for storage, it's outside, and I cover it.
- My gas mileage dropped about 1.5 MPG going from a 2619 to a 24' Elk.
- I camp in the National Forest and in some pretty remote areas, I haven't
found any spot I went with the 2619 that I can't go with the Elk. I admit I
was nervous a few times though wondering if I could get back up the
hill. 4wd low is a good thing!

All that being said...remember I DID stay with a TM product that shares a lot of the same design features as the pop up version and weighs about the same. I don't think the points I made above would hold true for other conventional travel trailers. And I'm pretty sure the points the other guys made ARE true for larger, heavier, longer TT's from other manufactures.

It's what works for you that will be the best, and I love the TM products, pop up or stand up.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #12
PopBeavers

If the tree limb does not scrape the top of the cab then it will not scrape the TM a/c.

I would rather hit a low limb with the truck than the TM a/c.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
thebbqguy

Default Trail Manor 2720SL

Thanks for the analysis Bruce. That was very helpful.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #14
thebbqguy

Default Trail Manor 2720SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
It's what works for you that will be the best, and I love the TM products, pop up or stand up.
I was under the impression that they are no longer making the Elkmont. Am I mistaken?
Old 10-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #15
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
A lot of really good info, but I have to say it's a bit biased towards the pop up version and everyones experience will vary.

- I pay $25 a month for storage, it's outside, and I cover it.
- My gas mileage dropped about 1.5 MPG going from a 2619 to a 24' Elk.
- I camp in the National Forest and in some pretty remote areas, I haven't
found any spot I went with the 2619 that I can't go with the Elk. I admit I
was nervous a few times though wondering if I could get back up the
hill. 4wd low is a good thing!

All that being said...remember I DID stay with a TM product that shares a lot of the same design features as the pop up version and weighs about the same. I don't think the points I made above would hold true for other conventional travel trailers. And I'm pretty sure the points the other guys made ARE true for larger, heavier, longer TT's from other manufactures.

The Elkmont is no longer made though. And used ones are rare.
And you got an incredible deal on yours!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #16
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebbqguy View Post
We thought we found it with the 19' Gulfstream Visa RGU ($17K price), Rockwood Mini Lite 2109 ($14K price), and Trail Manor 2720SL
My take on it :

The TM 2720 will tow a lot easier than either of these uprights and save on gas. All of them would require a TV that can tow 4000# or more. The uprights could use a TV with higher tow rating than the Trailmanor.

The TM 2720 when unfolded is much more spacious, open and light-filled compared to the other two. The kitchen counter space in particular is much larger. It's 27' when opened.

But the 2720 lacks a walk-around bed, may have a smaller frig, has no permanent upper cabinets (but ones that can be lifted up), and comes with the recycling toilet.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:40 AM   #17
bigd13

We just got back from Columbus Day weekend in NH, and it was 37 degrees Monday morning...trailer was so warm my teenage boys were complaining "too hot"! All I did was turn on the propane furnace before bed, then I shut that off and let he heat strip on the AC unit run all night. We have a 2011 2720, and the insulation is top notch. Also, we tow it with a Toyota Sienna Minivan.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #18
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebbqguy View Post
I was under the impression that they are no longer making the Elkmont. Am I mistaken?
Last week I was at Custom RV in Anaheim. Matt told me that there is discussion of restarting production of the Elkmont next summer.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #19
moaboy

I agree with the Pair
So make that two pair
And we raise you a dollar...
Old 10-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #20
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Look at the cost of a TrailManor unit this way. Pay $30k for it, use it, sell it x years later and let's say you get $12k for it. So the cost of ownership was basically $18k.

Buy another brand of trailer for $20k, sell that trailer x years later but because the market of full of trailers like the full height type trailers, you might get only $2k for it. The cost for ownership is the same $18k.

There is no real science here but to some of us, the cost of a new or used TrailManor is well worth it if you desire some of the features such a unit offers. Mine fits nicely in the garage all summer and on the back concrete pad in winter. It also tows better than my tent camper use to and I thought my tent camper towed great. My mileage is about the same as what I got with my old Coleman too.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford explorer, gulfstream visa, rockwood mini lite