TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #11
rumbleweed

Check Prices @
Mayberry NJ Free shipping 800 696 1745

and

Speedway Sales 888 617 7333
Old 04-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #12
LeChateau2012

thank you Bob!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #13
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Well I guess I went a little overboard but consider some of this info that I'm about to say comes from the day I owned my Coleman tent camper without an AC unit.

When I owned the Coleman, I purchased a Honda 2000i. It did everything and allowed my friends to plug in at the same time and charge their batteries. It also was a nice unit for when the power went off in town and it ran my furnace without blowing the furnace control board.

But after a few years I got tired of the 2000i size wise and purchased a Yamaha 1000 quiet unit as my second generator. It fit inside my Coleman and I took it on every trip. We always boon docked with the Coleman.

Then in 2011 we purchased the TrailManor. I was tossing several ideas around about selling my Honda 2000i and my Yamaha 1000 to purchase the Honda 3000i.

My Dad offered to let me use his Honda 2000i unless he needed it back for power outages. So I built a parallel kit and kept my own Honda and Yamaha and when I want to use AC I parallel the two Hondas. If I don't anticipate needing the AC, I leave the two Hondas at home and grab the Yamaha 1000.

I realize not all of us can own two generators and have a elderly Dad who can do a permanent loan of his Honda but by golly this arrangement can offer a lot of flexibility to my boon docking style camping. The Yamaha 1000 has been great for hunting camp too.

By the way, I make no claim that the Yamaha is no better or worse than the Honda units. They are both fantastic units and the inverter technology is worth every penny.

There are some cheaper inverter technology generators out there made by other manufacturers but the cheaper ones often do not have the added technology of lowering engine RPMs. They run at the loudest RPMs regardless of the load and well, what good is that?
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #14
bebotx

Ditto PopBeaver's reply. I have 2 Honda eU2000 gennies, one with the RV setup and they work great in tandem for running the AC in hot Texas. This setup gives the flexibility to use one or both as needed. I got one from Mayberry's and the other I found on Craigslist. I'm a small person and can easily lift and carry one at a time as they weigh only around 40-45 lbs. each. They are a reliable source of quiet, efficient, clean power. Only downside is the cost - about $800 or $900 each, plus a parallel kit to connect them. You can also add an aux fuel tank to run them for a much longer time between refills.

Betty
1976 "Vintage" Munroe Crusader 11' TT in New Zealand
bebotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
moaboy

I have the Honda Handi 3k - the one on wheels and it works very well. Will easily run AC as well as a number of other needs at the same time.
Could I combine enough electrical devices at the same time to exceed its capacity, like the AC and a hair dryer, yes, but it is rare to need two heavy demand devices at the same time. If I needed to do so, I'd just switch the AC to fan for a few minutes. Also wired it to work as emergency back up at my home and it has worked well there when storms have caused an electrical outage.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #16
PopBeavers

moaboy,

I don't see what TV you have. The bed of my truck is about waist height. Even with a ramp O doubt that I could roll it up by myself.

What technique do you use?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #17
moaboy

Honda Ody or Toyota Venza.
Both pretty low to the ground so I can just put the gen inside.
Although someday I won't be able to do so by myself....