TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-06-2011, 06:23 AM   #1
randyf

Default Swimming Pool Noodles??

I recently bought a used 2619 and plan on doing some cold weather camping.

I read somewhere about cutting pool noodles in half to help seal the bed ends.
Where do you place them? Is there a link or write up that show them?
Old 10-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
PopBeavers

The short answer is to look under the rear bunk. You will see a space about 2 or 3 inches wide running backwards on each side. This is a source of drafts. The pool noodles fit well, but I had to cut off about a foot because they were too long. It makes a noticeable difference in not only reducing drafts but also in keeping the bed edge along the head and foot noticeably warmer.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

The Dollar Tree noodles are a perfect fit on my 2619!

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

I use air conditioner foam seal around all of the flaps to keep the TM cooler. Much easier to store for me than foam noodles.

Since we have a 2727SL, I mde an insulation 'shelf' that fits under the large seal in the front from two pink foam sheets that fit perfectly. I also purchased a vent seal, took it out of the fleece cover and split into two pieces to cover both top vents (the power vent needs some custom notches cut. I used an old towel to make a nice seal around the door when we're in for the night. Don't forget to take some old towels to mop up all of the condensation that forms on the windows. I purchased some silver roll insulation at an RV store that I'm going to make custom window covers for the sleeping areas. I installed a track and purchased used curtain from another forum member, but need to extend the length for my model. Also run multiple ceramic heaters during the night, one 200W in each of the sleeping area, and one 1500W (on low, 1000W) with a thermostat in the kitchen area to keep everything from freezing.

I've done some other things to make the TM so toasty that we'll be going on a few more trips this fall.

Enjoy!
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELM-JLM View Post
The Dollar Tree noodles are a perfect fit on my 2619!
They fit my 2720 perfectly as well. Same for the "magic erasers", the Dollar Tree version work well for me.
2016 KZ Spree Connect C250BHS
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgpmd1 View Post
I use air conditioner foam seal around all of the flaps to keep the TM cooler. Much easier to store for me than foam noodles.

Since we have a 2727SL, I mde an insulation 'shelf' that fits under the large seal in the front from two pink foam sheets that fit perfectly. I also purchased a vent seal, took it out of the fleece cover and split into two pieces to cover both top vents (the power vent needs some custom notches cut. I used an old towel to make a nice seal around the door when we're in for the night. Don't forget to take some old towels to mop up all of the condensation that forms on the windows. I purchased some silver roll insulation at an RV store that I'm going to make custom window covers for the sleeping areas. I installed a track and purchased used curtain from another forum member, but need to extend the length for my model. Also run multiple ceramic heaters during the night, one 200W in each of the sleeping area, and one 1500W (on low, 1000W) with a thermostat in the kitchen area to keep everything from freezing.

I've done some other things to make the TM so toasty that we'll be going on a few more trips this fall.

Enjoy!
We have always just folded a small quilt and laid it over the vinyl behind the sofa in our TM.
Now I am curious about your insulation shelf. Would love to see a couple of photos.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #7
Redhawk

I too use the dollar store noodles in my 2619, from the outside of the TM, get under the rear bed and when you look up, you'll the space on each side of the bed where the noodles slide right in, you'll have to cut off about a foot for a perfect fit. When we are tearing down I pull them, slide the bed in and just toss the noodles into the trailer. No storage needed since they will be one of the first things you do when setting up....good luck.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #8
namklg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgpmd1 View Post

Also run multiple ceramic heaters during the night, one 200W in each of the sleeping area, and one 1500W (on low, 1000W) with a thermostat in the kitchen area to keep everything from freezing.

Enjoy!
We also use the air conditioner square foam around the flaps of the TM. In our old pop-up, we had the silver insulation inserts for all the windows in the bunk ends. I now think I will make some of those for the TM too!
With the ceramic heaters, do you use those in addition to or in place of the suburban furnace (that is LOUD!)?
Newegg.com has heaters on sale this weekend, so I may get one.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #9
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by namklg View Post
We also use the air conditioner square foam around the flaps of the TM. In our old pop-up, we had the silver insulation inserts for all the windows in the bunk ends. I now think I will make some of those for the TM too!
With the ceramic heaters, do you use those in addition to or in place of the suburban furnace (that is LOUD!)?
Newegg.com has heaters on sale this weekend, so I may get one.
If we have electric, we don't use the TM furnace at all. Too loud! When it got chilly on a trip in November last year, one ceramic heater in the back and a very small one in the bedroom was all we needed to keep the TM toasty. We had an extra one for the front, but wasn't needed. I moved the small one from the bedroom to the bathroom in the morining to heat it up prior to a shower. Very comfy!
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #10
namklg

Whose ceramic heaters do you have?
I just finished up with the install of a digital thermostat, so I am hoping that will also assist with the 'even-ness' of the heat in the TM. I am thinking now that the ceramic heaters are the way to go.