TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Default Television Articulating Mount

We had just finished mounting an articulating television mount and new television in our old camper last year when we decided get a TM.

We pulled the Television and Mount out before we sold the old camper and we wanted to install it in the TM but were not sure where the best location would be.

Since we could not decide on one location, the next option was to make it portable so that it could be moved where we wanted to watch television at.

Found some old aluminum gutter hangers in the junk box reformed them into L brackets, mounted them on a piece of MDF and then attached the articulating television mount to it.

Pictures are attached to show how it can be moved to different locations. it was a cheap mod for us, cost was $0, already had everything here. It's functional, and we got to re-use a good articulating mount that makes getting a good viewing angle easy. Total weight including articulating mount ~7#.

EdiT: added a paper towel holder to the bottom of the Television mount (see last two pictures)

Thanks for reading

Tim
-----
P.S -- We only have the one flat screen television and for traveling, we used to sandwich it between our two sleeping pillows and secure with bungee cords -- then store it in the wardrobe before fold down. But we have removed the wardrobe now and we store the TV in the folded mattress topper that rides on the sofa during transit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OnKitchenCab.JPG
Views:	413
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	5519   Click image for larger version

Name:	OnBathWall.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	5520   Click image for larger version

Name:	OnHallBath Wall.JPG
Views:	397
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	5521   Click image for larger version

Name:	BackView.JPG
Views:	391
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	5522   Click image for larger version

Name:	AddedPaperTowelHolder.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	6492  

Click image for larger version

Name:	With Tv Mounted.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	6496  
Old 01-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Interesting I used MudDogs mount concept he found & it has worked GREAT but wouldn't work without a very low profile mounting bracket unlike your idea.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:34 AM   #3
Beach Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
Interesting I used MudDogs mount concept he found & it has worked GREAT but wouldn't work without a very low profile mounting bracket unlike your idea.
I searched MudDogs posts and could not find what you were referring to. Can you elaborate?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:13 AM   #4
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Beach Boy, I think you will find it in this thread:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ighlight=mount
Old 01-08-2011, 06:47 AM   #5
Beach Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb&Tim View Post

Tim,

I appreciate the link. When I get my TM, I need for you to come visit. You are a very enterprising fellow.

Bill
Old 01-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #6
TravlinOn

My thanks, too, for the MudDog and other great links. Although I think that MudDog's plywood storage box for transporting his 2 tv's is a clever use of space, when we bought our TM, I noticed that the previous owner transported his 1 tv by wrapping a couple of bungee cords around the back of his tv to tie it face-to=cushion to the recliner chair. Neat, secure, and no extra weight.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Boy View Post
I searched MudDogs posts and could not find what you were referring to. Can you elaborate?
Quote:

Sorry I didn't get back to you faster but you did receive the correct answer. I use two brackets with the arm instead of the fixed mount he used in back bed area.

I also didn't have to build anything & only added some extra cushion for the two TVs to fit my center sofa storage since mine has drawers on both sides being a 3023. It fits like a glove but protects both TVs well with brackets still attached making it easy to install on wall bracket. Also I have coax cables left in place just tucked under beds & I use righ angle coax adapters to protect the coax from unnecessary bending.

I have plans on wiring my DirecTV in sometime just not in a hurry.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #8
torque

thanks for the ideas
Old 03-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #9
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

Default Hanging a flat screen tv

I took the stand off the tv and attached a bracket from Lowe's! It mounted to the 4 holes on the back of the tv and then attached it to a bendable metal strap after drilling a few holes. It hangs over the sink area and also has a towel hook in the bathroom! The entire assembly can be lifted off the wall and stored on the seat next to the fridge! I then ran a cable from the rear connector and covered it with a piece of metal molding and also added a 110 plug from the bathroom sink through the shallow cabinets to the wall below the kitchen sink!
Attachment 5655

Attachment 5656

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #10
Scottie Dogs

Quote:
We had just finished mounting an articulating television mount and new television in our old camper last year when we decided get a TM.

We pulled the Television and Mount out before we sold the old camper and we wanted to install it in the TM but were not sure where the best location would be.

Since we could not decide on one location, the next option was to make it portable so that it could be moved where we wanted to watch television at.

Found some old aluminum gutter hangers in the junk box reformed them into L brackets, mounted them on a piece of MDF and then attached the articulating television mount to it.

Pictures are attached to show how it can be moved to different locations. it was a cheap mod for us, cost was $0, already had everything here. It's functional, and we got to re-use a good articulating mount that makes getting a good viewing angle easy. Total weight including articulating mount ~7#.

Thanks for reading

Tim
-----
P.S -- We only have the one flat screen television and for traveling, we sandwich it between our two sleeping pillows and secure with bungee cords -- then store it in the wardrobe before fold down.
This is great information Barb & Tim, I am working on this now, the pictures are wonderful!