TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
pmseymour

Default First Real Trip

Hi

We should have written last November when we picked up our 2005 2720, but wanted to wait till we took our first real trip. We had returned to SW Missouri from a 4000 mile run with our Fleetwood popup camper, but realized we needed something better for cold and windy weather. Finding a 2720 at New Hampshire Camping World we were off again. The idea was to quickly collect the trailer and head back slowly for a doctor's appointment my wife had. Unfortunately or fortunately the Service Department wouldn't let the trailer go until they fixed everything. Three days later (after camping behind their building) we were on our way home. I didn't plan driving an unfamiliar trailer straight through, but that's what we did. The trailer handled very well even through rush hour traffic in some big cities we passed.

The Spring and Summer were tied up with establishing a new garden. But in July we were finally able to get away to The Nebraska Star party outside Valentine Nebraska. The trailer was everything we hoped for. We even thought the toilet was great. It was a good test as we camped on the hilly observing field with no water or electric with temperatures as high as 100 degrees. We do have an advantage with the TV. Its a 2006 GMC Savana AWD van I converted to a self contained camper van. Two solar cells are mounted on the roof that even run a 12v compressor type rv refrigerator. I connected the van's solar electrical system to the trailer so we always had plenty of 12v electricity. We ran a portable swamp cooler that ended up in front of our dog.With water refills from a source about 10 miles away, we lasted the week fine. I was concerned the full toilet would slosh out when leaving across the bumpy field but everything was OK. We had a great trip.
Thanks to the good advice from the members, we avoided many problems we may have run into.
Even to changing the tires to 15" ones. The lift kit was on the trailer from the factory.

Our next trip will be back to Utah boondocking.

Thanks again, Paul and Julie

2- 75w solar panels on van
pmseymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
TexasCamper

Default Welcome

Thanks for sharing!
And please keep us posted on your Utah boondocking trip. My family went to Utah for the first time last year, and we were amazed how beautiful it is. We plan to head back.
- John
TV#1: 2008 Chrysler Town & Country (3.8L Touring w/ tow package, WDH) (*retired 2018*)
TV#2: 2015 Nissan Pathfinder (w/ tow package, WDH)
TV#3: 2018 Ford F150 (w/ tow package, WDH)
TexasCamper is offline   Reply With Quote