TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
morganstoll

Default Folding Table

I recently purchased a '99 2518. It's in great condition except that the factory folding table wasn't with it. I'm pretty handy so I thought I would just build a new one so I ordered the hardware from TM. Well, I was stunned to see the amount of hardware that goes on the table and becasue there are also expanding rails, I'm guessing that there is also a leaf in the mix.

It would be great if someone could post some pictures of their factory folding table ( the kind that drops to become a bed). various positions and angles would be best.

Thanks!!
-Morgan

2010 Chevy Traverse
Old 12-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
saltbranch

Did you ever fix the table? I have a 2518 with table problems. I will be rebuilding it. I do have the original and can take pics/measurements etc if you stilll need
Old 12-14-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
Mr Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganstoll View Post
I recently purchased a '99 2518. It's in great condition except that the factory folding table wasn't with it. I'm pretty handy so I thought I would just build a new one so I ordered the hardware from TM. Well, I was stunned to see the amount of hardware that goes on the table and becasue there are also expanding rails, I'm guessing that there is also a leaf in the mix.

It would be great if someone could post some pictures of their factory folding table ( the kind that drops to become a bed). various positions and angles would be best.

Thanks!!
-Morgan

2010 Chevy Traverse
I was taking TM Dinnette Table pics and saw this post. Please see the attached PDF file with PHOTOS.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TM Dinette Table PHOTOS.pdf (4.04 MB, 117 views)
Old 12-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #4
Wavery
TrailManor Master

IMHO those tables aren't worth the effort to replicate.

I would get a small folding table, use the legs, cut a piece of plywood to fit the bed-sides and call it a day. You could make it with a nice formica top or just put a couple coats of varnish on it. Be as plain or as fancy as you want.

The nice thing is, you could also use it outside for a table. A lot of pop-up campers come that way.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Mr. Geek -

Are you sure your table is factory-installed? It doesn't look particularly like our tables. I seem to see some extra parts, too. Is that an extra leg? And what are the pieces of masonite/pegboard doing under there?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
ng2951

Looks like a TM table to me. I don't particularly care for them since it is easy to dislodge a leg lock, but they work.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:21 PM   #7
Mr Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Mr. Geek -

Are you sure your table is factory-installed? It doesn't look particularly like our tables. I seem to see some extra parts, too. Is that an extra leg? And what are the pieces of masonite/pegboard doing under there?

Bill
Hi Bill,

I assume it is. I bought my 2005 2619 new at Custom Rv. That second leg is for the bed (I think). I have never deployed the bed config, so I am not certain. They may have changed how they made them, TM seems to do that from year to year.

I was just going to follow-up saying that there certainly is a bunch of hardware under that thing. I never really looked at it much, but it works fine for how I use it.

Bob.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #8
Mr Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng2951 View Post
Looks like a TM table to me. I don't particularly care for them since it is easy to dislodge a leg lock, but they work.
That leg lock issue got me a few times. A bit irritating and happens at the worst times. On mine, sliding it in (shorting the leg) too far causes it to bind stuck, requiring pliers to pull it back out, that and the lock popping free..grrr.

But now that I know what to not do, it works fine...usually.

Bob.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #9
Wavery
TrailManor Master

I bought one of these from HF the other day:
http://www.harborfreight.com/200-lb-...and-38778.html

I'm using it to make a table for my wife's dutch ovens. I have a big sheet of 1/4" thick aluminum that I'm going to fix for a top.

You could use something like this for your table. I found the table in our 2720 to be a PITA. At one point, I was thinking of removing it and doing just this.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #10
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Mr. Geek -

Are you sure your table is factory-installed? It doesn't look particularly like our tables.

Bill
It looks just like ours except newer. We have 2 legs, one for when it's being used as a bed.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2518, table