TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2008, 11:50 PM   #1
GoldenBear

Default Best 14" tires to buy for 2003 2720?

After reading all the posts about blowouts and tire age, etc. I really want to get new tires for our used 2003 2720.

I am getting crossed-eyed trying to figure out which tires we should try to get. We want to stay with the 14" because we want to try to keep the TM in the garage and the lift kit would prevent that. I understand that we should have the new tires balanced and have steel stems and caps put on. We could buy these new tires from Sams, Costco, or America's Tire.

We do travel on lots of unpaved roads in both the desert and up in Big Bear, but we usually crawl really slowly to keep from beating up the TM. We are towing with a 2002 Honda Odyssey with airsprings.

Help! We are trying to get the new tires before our trip out for the Memorial Day weekend. Thanks in advance for your help.

edit: I ended up buying the Kumho 857 195/75r14. After googling and reading more from other trailer forums, everyone who had the Kumho 857s were really happy with them. I couldn't get the 205/75r14 because supposedly Kumho stopped importing them to the US because of the weak dollar and low demand. The 195 is a little narrower, but I love the higher load rating and feel safer already.
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote