TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-05-2003, 01:40 PM   #1
grayghost

Default tv for tm

;D
we're getting closer to picking up our 2720sl tm. the
dealer said it should be there by friday and our plan
has been to go there (mattoon, illinois - cross county rv) the week-end of the 15th. soooooo, my question is what tv do y'all recommend and how do you secure it whilst traveling. we saw a flat screen tv in a catalog we got. i'm sure that would be very light weight (but way out of our price range).

any suggestions?

thanks - an almost tm owner
Old 08-05-2003, 02:29 PM   #2
Windbreaker

Default Re:tv for tm

Around the start of school (now and Christmas) Wal-Mart get little 12 inch VCR/TV combos and sell them for under $100, that is what we got. We set it on top of the Frig for viewing and in the floor braced by couch cushions for travel.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:16 PM   #3
Happytrails

That's what we use as well, fits perfectly on our TV stand in the front, and can easily be moved to the back on top of the microwave for when we're in bed. (Our microwave sits where most of your wardrobes sit, our wardrobe is in the bathroom where your tubs are). 13" is plenty for the camper as you're never really sitting too far away from it. Being a telecorder, it's nice to have the built in vcr as well. For DVD movies, I got a playstation for both kids to play games on in rainy weather, and us to watch our favorite DVD's. For travel, we set it on the floor in the corner between the couch, and front end, and surround it by the couch cushions.

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.........[/glow]
Old 08-05-2003, 04:21 PM   #4
red_apache

We just bought the 9 inch tv/vcr combo at Walmart, it is a/c-d/c so our grand daughters can watch it in the back seat while we travel, then we move it to the TM when we stop. It was $143.00, but we felt it was worth it for us to be able to use it in the tow vehicle.

Jack & Gayle
Old 08-05-2003, 08:44 PM   #5
kdrickard
Site Sponsor

We ended up with a Sylvania 9" AC/DC (6509) TV / DVD combo. It was a bit less expensive than the similar Sony and the picture seemed a bit sharper. My wife initially wanted something a little larger, but being able to use DC without an external inverter was the main factor in determining size for us. On our 2720, the TV set over the refrigerator is close enough to the table that the screen does not seem small, and there is still counter space for "stuff". One thing I don't like about the Sylvania is the remote -- the labels are hard to see even with all the TM lights on and I got in trouble more than once with the kids when I pressed the wrong button and stopped the DVD they were watching :'( . It rides in the back of the tow vehicle, but if we were to do a multi-stop trip I'd probably find a nice padded place on the TM floor for it.

Kevin
kdrickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 06:27 AM   #6
grayghost

thanks all for your tips - as far as a dvd goes, we have a small apex (48 bucks at walmart) that plays dvds, cds, picture cds, mpeg3 (whatever that is) and we will take that along.

soon to be tm owner
Old 08-06-2003, 07:31 AM   #7
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

We purchased a Toshiba at Sam's 13in, with DVD,CD player totally cool it was 178.00 the best price I've found, it sets great on the counter above the frig. you know the antenna on the TM is alot better than I thought, those digital tv's are like bing at the theater except small, but since you're sitting in a smaller place its the next best thing.

Pam
Brightsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 12:35 PM   #8

In case you want to save your counter space, I found a small lightweight bathroom cabinet at Home Depot. We put our TV ( 9" Panasonic/VCR combo. ) on top of it. Works very well. We keep it on the sofa when the camper is down.
Red
Old 08-06-2003, 02:46 PM   #9
efelker

Have the same Toshiba 13" with built-in DVD that Pam described. It's awesome and has a great picture (better than the 27" in our living room).
Old 08-06-2003, 07:57 PM   #10
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

:P I seem to have forgotten but we took the hanging cabinet and used it for a tv stand, it works great and more counter space.

Pam
Brightsu is offline   Reply With Quote