TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2003, 07:27 AM   #1
chvaka

Default Shower Curtain

This is going to seem like a really dumb question, but our used 97' 3023 that we just purchased is in dire need of a new shower curtain.  Can I just buy a standard shower curtain from target, walmart, etc?  Actually I think I would need to buy 2.  There aren't any special RV shower curtains that I would need to purchase from Camping World?
Old 06-23-2003, 08:10 AM   #2
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Shower Curtain

I'm new but I can answer that, it takes two and I've been told the nylon dry better, and you should sew the two together. I've not measured them yet and they came and picked mine up today to replace my fresh water tank and gas bottles. But they appeared to be regular some guys told me it was a good idea to sew weights in the bottom so it would stay in the shower, also it must lay across the bed when the bathroom is taken down.
Pam
Brightsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 08:51 AM   #3
dennisu

the shower curtain situation was something that my wife and i did not like.  because of the two curtains it made us feel like the shower was smaller than it really is.  we felt like we were showering in a trash bag.  so we took off one shower curtain but replaced it with a heavy "mil" thick clear plastic sheeting from home depot etc, which we attach to the back wall and side wall of the shower with those plastic things that you hold on picnic table cloths with.  the plastic goes over the top of the described walls and then these clips go over the plastic and the wall and hold it fine.  (we also have another hanger in the hallway that holds coats etc that goes over the wall and also helps hold the plastic in place.)  the plastic was cut long enough to go down just into the top of the tub so that water does not get on the wall.  the remaining curtain is used for the front of the shower.  the thing that makes this so wonderful is that the plastic clings to the two walls and it makes it seem ever so much bigger.  i also have a hands free shower holder that i designed myself that clamps to the rear wall and holds the shower head and it works great!

hope this helps.

dennisu  
Old 06-23-2003, 10:34 AM   #4
KB7OUR

To get our shower curtains just right we sewed the two halves together in the back and then simply overlap them in the front ~6" when using the shower. We'll be sewing on a velcro closure eventually. Also, cut the extra length (way too much material provided) so it just sits inside the lip of the tub enough so that it won't come out when wet. To weight it down a bit sewed some pennies in a hem across the bottom -- we call it our $.25 curtain because we figure we used about that many pennies. I still want to cut a flap for the faucet so you can reach up under it to adjust, but works fine now with the shortened curtains to just reach up underneath them to get to the faucets. And of course, it wouldn't be a shower without Hal's "Hands Free Shower" device ;D.

Wade
Old 06-24-2003, 06:54 AM   #5
2619PDX

So, Wade:
Where did you buy your curtains? Are they they poly/nylon version?
I don't like those cheap plastic ones... Feels like you're in the hospital or something...

Gregg
Old 06-29-2003, 03:27 PM   #6
KB7OUR

Gregg,

We're just using the nylon curtains that came with the unit.  They seem to hold up well and dry pretty fast.

Wade
Old 06-29-2003, 03:41 PM   #7
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

I noticed that the tag on the shower curtain that came with the TM says they are made for hotel use. I guess that means that they are "heavy duty" or something like that. I like the idea of sewing the two together though, and shortening them a little....more on my list of things to do!! :-/ :-/

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 06:17 AM   #8
2619PDX

Me wonders if maybe TM has changed shower curtains, cause the curtains in my 01, 2619 are cheap white vinyl. Nylon would dry fast and be more flexible...

thanks

Gregg
Old 06-30-2003, 06:57 AM   #9
MawCraig

I just replaced those awful plastic shower curtains with the 100% polyester ones.  Found them at good ol' WalMart.  I followed the advice of others and sewed them together and shortened them.  I was really surprised at how quickly they dry, too.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:32 AM   #10
Happytrails

One of the first things I purchased for my TM was the shower curtains, and going by a previous discussion on this board, I found a set of clear plastic curtains at Wally world. Not just slightly transparent, but completely transparent, so's not to feel so closed in while in the shower. Eh, who cares if it's got a few ducks on it!  

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.........[/glow]